• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui relay subs

Note however that the links point to the 12V versions of that relay - we would need the 24V version. ;)
 
Couldn't a DIP package DPST reed relay be used mounted on a small piece of Vero board wired to fit into the existing relay holes on the PCB?

How many way to skin a cat.
giphy.gif


Any chance of a link to demo of this being done??
 
The idea of this thread is to pull together a quick and easy reference for finding modern replacements for old relays in Sansui devices. I will pull together what info I have, but please everyone contribute what you know and I will continuously edit this first post to combine all of the data.

Please provide (where possible) Sansui model / sansui part number (if you have it) / modern part replacement and note any mods required. I will link each model to either the relevant post in this thread, or a relevant thread, whichever holds the most info.
-------------------------------
Sansui 8080: MY4-02-DC24
Sansui 9090: MY4-02-DC24
Sansui 9090db: MY3-02-DC24

Sansui AU-517: MY2-02-DC24
Sansui AU-717: Taiko RABK 2B --> MY4-02-DC24

Sansui AU-9900 / 9900A: Omron #MY4-02-DC24
Sansui AU-11000: Omron #MY4-02-DC24
Sansui AU-20000: LY2-0-DC24 (x1); MY4-02-DC24 (x1)

Sansui AU-X1: LY2-02-DC24 (speaker x2); ? (Soft Start x1); G5V-2 24DC (Signal x5; need leg extensions); 24V DC reed relay --> Omron G5V-2 24VDC (Headphone 1x - not direct drop-in but easy job)

Sansui BA-F1: MY4-02-DC24 (speaker x2; cut off 'NC' pins x4 as no holes in PCB for them).

Sansui G-4700: none
Sansui G-5700: 1150400 or 480 --> MY4-02-DC24
Sansui G-6700: 1150400 or 480 --> MY4-02-DC24
Sansui G-7700: 1150400 or 480 --> MY4-02-DC24
Sansui G-8000: see G-9000.
Sansui G-8700DB: 1150410 --> LY2-0-DC24
Sansui G-871DB: 1150410 --> LY2-0-DC24
Sansui G-9000: LY2-0-DC24 (speakers x2); MY4-02-DC24 (protection x1); MY4-02-DC24? (headphones & power meters x1).
Sansui G-9000DB: see G-9000 (restoration showing relays)
Sansui G-9700: 1150410 --> LY2-0-DC24
Sansui G-971: 1150410 --> LY2-0-DC24

Sansui QRX-7001: 1150101 --> MY4-02 DC24


Has there always been a time limit on editing ? I can no longer edit the first post of this thread.

So updating below - adding AU-217

-------------------------------
Sansui 8080: MY4-02-DC24
Sansui 9090: MY4-02-DC24
Sansui 9090db: MY3-02-DC24

Sansui AU-217: Speaker relay --> MY4-02 DC24
Sansui AU-517: MY2-02-DC24
Sansui AU-717: Taiko RABK 2B --> MY4-02-DC24

Sansui AU-9900 / 9900A: Omron #MY4-02-DC24
Sansui AU-11000: Omron #MY4-02-DC24
Sansui AU-20000: LY2-0-DC24 (x1); MY4-02-DC24 (x1)

Sansui AU-X1: LY2-02-DC24 (speaker x2); ? (Soft Start x1); G5V-2 24DC (Signal x5; need leg extensions); 24V DC reed relay --> Omron G5V-2 24VDC (Headphone 1x - not direct drop-in but easy job)

Sansui BA-F1: MY4-02-DC24 (speaker x2; cut off 'NC' pins x4 as no holes in PCB for them).

Sansui G-4700: none
Sansui G-5700: 1150400 or 480 --> MY4-02-DC24
Sansui G-6700: 1150400 or 480 --> MY4-02-DC24
Sansui G-7700: 1150400 or 480 --> MY4-02-DC24
Sansui G-8000: see G-9000.
Sansui G-8700DB: 1150410 --> LY2-0-DC24
Sansui G-871DB: 1150410 --> LY2-0-DC24
Sansui G-9000: LY2-0-DC24 (speakers x2); MY4-02-DC24 (protection x1); MY4-02-DC24? (headphones & power meters x1).
Sansui G-9000DB: see G-9000 (restoration showing relays)
Sansui G-9700: 1150410 --> LY2-0-DC24
Sansui G-971: 1150410 --> LY2-0-DC24

Sansui QRX-7001: 1150101 --> MY4-02 DC24
 
Done. First post edited. If anyone has relay subs to share, please comment here and I will add. I'm sure I've missed many.

Funny story. I can't go to the office today for work because I tripped over the new CA-F1 that arrived yesterday. I left the box in the living room and forgot it was there.... 'ass over'. Just a stubbed toe really... but I came inches from landing my face on the AU-111. That could have been worse!
 
Both my G7700's do not use this MY4-02-DC24 relay.
They use some miniature fujitsu thing, different pinout to the MY4 as well.
There is no relay I could find which fits the pinout and holes in the PCB, so I mounted a new relay externally near the regulated supply board on the chassis.
 
Both my G7700's do not use this MY4-02-DC24 relay.
They use some miniature fujitsu thing, different pinout to the MY4 as well.
There is no relay I could find which fits the pinout and holes in the PCB, so I mounted a new relay externally near the regulated supply board on the chassis.

Thanks Kev, I will put a big fat question mark next to the G7700 info and a link this post.
 
Thanks Kev, I will put a big fat question mark next to the G7700 info and a link this post.
I still have the old relay, I'll get it out and at least post the OEM part number here so if someone else wants to see if they can find a solution they can do so.
 
So both of the F-2980 boards in your G-7700s have different tracks and pinouts than most of the F-2980 bds we have looked at? I'm wondering if there are any other differences. ?????
 
Here is the relay from the G7700 (Later Model). Not a LY or MY. Not an Omron, best I figure is its a Fujitsu...or no name brand!!
The Middle pair of terminals are the Coil, which eliminates a lot of modern replacements.
Maybe someone has the time to do some research, I drew blanks on my search.
IMG_6608.JPG IMG_6609.JPG
 
Here is the relay from the G7700 (Later Model). Not a LY or MY. Not an Omron, best I figure is its a Fujitsu...or no name brand!!
The Middle pair of terminals are the Coil, which eliminates a lot of modern replacements.
Maybe someone has the time to do some research, I drew blanks on my search.
View attachment 1248846 View attachment 1248847

Thank again kev. Linking in the first post of thread. Hopefully someone will dig up a sub, or maybe can outline instructions for a mod.
 
Back
Top Bottom