• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scroes You Passed on Because Quarantine?

ProAc Tablette 2000 Signature for $200
HH Scott 222c for $150
Mirage M3si $10

I have Proac Tablette 2000's... they are Excellent for their size. Paid $300 (cheap !) years ago with 10 hr roundtrip. Msrp was about $1300. I lust after the superior Signature 2000's.

$200... I would of paypal'd $250 and authorized him to just drop off speakers at nearest Fedex where they will pack, insure and ship for reasonable price.

sigh.....
 
I have Proac Tablette 2000's... they are Excellent for their size. Paid $300 (cheap !) years ago with 10 hr roundtrip. Msrp was about $1300. I lust after the superior Signature 2000's.

$200... I would of paypal'd $250 and authorized him to just drop off speakers at nearest Fedex where they will pack, insure and ship for reasonable price.

sigh.....

I have a pair of Response 1S and they are incredible. If that ad popped up now I would figure out a way to get them, same with the Scott, I regret that one even more.

I got my ProAcs for $150, 5 minutes from my house so I can't really complain about missing out on the Tablettes.
 
Truckload and folks like that are such fools.

Clearly the only buyer will also be a flipper. And thats fine.

But why the hell would you even try a stunt like this during covid?!?

Never mind the, this might not be the best $ time to unload. And a wise reseller would also know this.

And wishful thinking sales like this was a hard sell before covid.

But to not have a detailed inventory spread sheet with amazing pics to boot. Does either party (total strangers)
really want to sit inside a shipping container for MANY hours while looking over the goods and testing so on
to POSSIBLY make an offer?!?

In Washington no less. What a complete idiot.

And he even claims to have just been through a medical emergency. Must have really liked that experience and hoping
for another...

Also theres ALLOT of crap mixed in as the long view shot shows. Those selective pics clearly show he knows whats
good and whats not. Throw away the garbage speakers dude and make life easier on you the seller and the buyer.

These types of sales are such total wastes of everyones time. Either be willing to sell individual items. Or have a
detailed list with pics for a buyer to go off of. Or better yet, come to sale with a no brainer price for the reseller and
make it quick and easy for everyone.

Does the shipping container come with the sale? What a cluster F to sort through.
 
Last edited:
Staying home....must....stay....home....

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/ele/d/toledo-sansui-9090/7102132314.html

Sansui 9090 receiver. In very good cosmetic and working condition. Very heavy, big and powerful. $300.

00I0I_6Mfm7DXIiKy_1200x900.jpg

I paid $10 for the one I had.......Also sounds like a realistic price. I sold the one I had for about that 10 years ago on CL.
 
Been using Peavey and Hartke amps and cabinets for most of my musical career and they are workhorses. Worth every penny I spent on them, and I get plenty of compliments on my tone. If you had any real experience with those brands, you'd probably know how to spell them.
 
I have played with these a few times, mostly in the early 90’s. Was never really impressed. As a bass player I would always compare them to an old tube Ampeg. It is nice that you like them so much.
 
I have sold about 20 items, both audio and other, in the last 3-4 weeks due to all the bored people and no stores to spend their money :) Mask on, the cash goes in a specific spot for 2 days, hands get washed.
 
Counterpoint, sales like this can be gold mines. I bought 36 turntables one time, completely filled my Corolla. Hell, I had two on my lap on the way home. Was there a lot of junk, sure, but I still made a couple grand.

Good pictures and inventory spreadsheets? Are you nuts? If I see those I'm not even going to consider making an offer. Those are guarantees that the seller thinks his stuff is worth more than it is. If they've taken the time to make an inventory they've taken the time to look on eBay and gotten crazy prices in their head. Testing? No way, that's not how this works. You price that risk into your offer. Pick the top 5 most valuable pieces and make sure they're not gutted, that's about all the testing you can expect.

Deals like this aren't for everyone, you need to have space, patience, and access to a dumpster (very important, at least 25% is going into it!).

But that doesn't make anyone involved an idiot.

Truckload and folks like that are such fools.

Clearly the only buyer will also be a flipper. And thats fine.

But why the hell would you even try a stunt like this during covid?!?

Never mind the, this might not be the best $ time to unload. And a wise reseller would also know this.

And wishful thinking sales like this was a hard sell before covid.

But to not have a detailed inventory spread sheet with amazing pics to boot. Does either party (total strangers)
really want to sit inside a shipping container for MANY hours while looking over the goods and testing so on
to POSSIBLY make an offer?!?

In Washington no less. What a complete idiot.
 
Counterpoint, sales like this can be gold mines. I bought 36 turntables one time, completely filled my Corolla. Hell, I had two on my lap on the way home. Was there a lot of junk, sure, but I still made a couple grand.

Good pictures and inventory spreadsheets? Are you nuts? If I see those I'm not even going to consider making an offer. Those are guarantees that the seller thinks his stuff is worth more than it is. If they've taken the time to make an inventory they've taken the time to look on eBay and gotten crazy prices in their head. Testing? No way, that's not how this works. You price that risk into your offer. Pick the top 5 most valuable pieces and make sure they're not gutted, that's about all the testing you can expect.

Deals like this aren't for everyone, you need to have space, patience, and access to a dumpster (very important, at least 25% is going into it!).

But that doesn't make anyone involved an idiot.

I completely and totally agree with you.

It just highlights the misplaced values of any individual who commits that amount of time, effort, scavenging, buying a shipping freight container, spends endless hrs with strangers to eventually find a buyer of his haul of half junk in a top 20 infection rate state who professis to have just suffered a long term health issue. To accept a low enough flipper price to haul away his half crap from his shipping container he purchased.

Maybe my logic is flawed...

Doesnt sound like a life I wish to live. Selling crack in the ghetto sounds easier and more profitable.
 
Yeah, the hoarder mentality is no joke. He's offering it for sale, which is a good first step. The important second step is being able to accept a reasonable offer, which is where things usually fall apart.

Speakers are f'in heavy, my back hurts just looking at those pictures...
 
I emailed him and asked if he would sell individual pairs of speakers and he asked me what I needed and he would check to see if he had them. He said that he would be willing to sell in much smaller lots.
Just FYI.
 
Truckload and folks like that are such fools.

Clearly the only buyer will also be a flipper. And thats fine.

But why the hell would you even try a stunt like this during covid?!?

Never mind the, this might not be the best $ time to unload. And a wise reseller would also know this.

And wishful thinking sales like this was a hard sell before covid.

But to not have a detailed inventory spread sheet with amazing pics to boot. Does either party (total strangers)
really want to sit inside a shipping container for MANY hours while looking over the goods and testing so on
to POSSIBLY make an offer?!?

In Washington no less. What a complete idiot.

And he even claims to have just been through a medical emergency. Must have really liked that experience and hoping
for another...

Also theres ALLOT of crap mixed in as the long view shot shows. Those selective pics clearly show he knows whats
good and whats not. Throw away the garbage speakers dude and make life easier on you the seller and the buyer.

These types of sales are such total wastes of everyones time. Either be willing to sell individual items. Or have a
detailed list with pics for a buyer to go off of. Or better yet, come to sale with a no brainer price for the reseller and
make it quick and easy for everyone.

Does the shipping container come with the sale? What a cluster F to sort through.
For addicts and hoarders.
 
I bought three truckloads of speakers blind for $100. I’m not a hoarder or a flipper, but I may be a bit of a fool.
Most ended up being trashed, some were given away, a couple were sold, and half dozen to a dozen were kept.
All in, that $100 gave me multiple years of fun and experience.
But, I wouldn’t do it during this pandemic. There’s been quite a few things that I’ve passed on cause it’s just not worth my life or the life of my significant other.
:beerchug:
 
Wow just reading here, some need to stop reading their Facebook feed. Fellas, it’s not the Black Plague . It’s wise to stay safe absolutely true, but you can wheel and deal just fine.

Heck I sold one of my trucks in the mids of lockdown. People came over, we wore masks and gloves and practiced social distance. And after we were done, all involved neatly parted ways with elbow (bro fist) me with a wad of cash, and them with the title and a truck.

Common sense gets you a long way, I agree for people with a compromised immune system. Stay home, not saying a young guy like me is invincible I am clearly not.

Life goes on as far as I am concerned ..
 
Back
Top Bottom