• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scroes You Passed on Because Quarantine?

One score for someone else that I tossed in the metal scrap bin at work that I normally would of given away. A box of bolts that I have collected over the years, maybe two hundred or so. After four hours of sorting I said that’s enough to last me.
 
One score for someone else that I tossed in the metal scrap bin at work that I normally would of given away. A box of bolts that I have collected over the years, maybe two hundred or so. After four hours of sorting I said that’s enough to last me.
I don't throw any of them away, seems like I'm always looking for a fastener for something.
 
Picked these up yesterday from a guy I deal with.Traded a pair of JBL J220's for them

Need to do something with the fronts cosmetically, but they do sound pretty good.
 

Attachments

  • speaker1.png
    speaker1.png
    227 KB · Views: 73
  • speaker2.png
    speaker2.png
    219.1 KB · Views: 75
I’m waiting on buying an excellent pair of fully restored Acoustic Research AR5 for a really excellent price. I emailed the seller this morning and said I’d be back in touch in a month or so or whenever things are safe again. I’m sure we’re looking at more than a month. If I lose out on them, I lose out. They weren’t listed publicly so hopefully he holds them.
 
Whenever I throw something away or get rid of it after keeping it for future use, I end up needing it within a month. Don't know why, but that is just how it plays. So I try not to get rid of useful things. Drives my wife crazy!
 
I did take a look on Kijiji yesterday, and what is still there is going at pre-pandemic prices. Personally, I think they are dreaming, but who knows. Regardless, I am not interested in getting any of it these days.
 
I did take a look on Kijiji yesterday, and what is still there is going at pre-pandemic prices. Personally, I think they are dreaming, but who knows.

Couldnt agree more. Same here in WI on Clist and FBm. And surprise surprise nothing is selling. It was
the same situation overall before covid hit. Only "deals" moved.

In cleaning around the place I found something I forgot I had. And it seems to have been going up in value.

That said I think the clowns on the bay asking $370 and $250 are dreaming.

20200409_173344.jpg
 
So many ads on another forum now saying, "Pickup is available, Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact". If I can't try something I'm not buying it!
 
Whenever I throw something away or get rid of it after keeping it for future use, I end up needing it within a month. Don't know why, but that is just how it plays. So I try not to get rid of useful things. Drives my wife crazy!
That's the universal law. You keep something for later, and you'll never need it. You throw away something, and you need it as soon as the day after garbage day.
 
There were a ton of really nice turntables put up over the last few days, at really great prices. Maybe lots of people are overdue on the rent and car payments right now. Either way, I stayed in even though I am going a bit stir crazy and that's even with me working 5 days a week. Not worth the risk.
 
a Kenwood 600 integrated popped up today on FB Mktplc for $75. Close by but couldn't make it over. Gone now....
 
On Craigslist there is a guy who sells audio equipment, and he has a lot of good vintage 70's era stuff. I got my HK 330c from him last October.

He is currently listing Marantz 2235b for $380.00.

And the government is giving me $1200.00.

But I will pass....for now...until the threat has passed.
 
Back
Top Bottom