• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

BroonsBane said:
Holy crap!! What a beast. How much power does it put out?


I am not sure of the power output but it is louder than the washer and dryer :thmbsp: The cassette even sounds AWESOME! :D

I love your beast too :thmbsp:
 
Here are my contributions:

1. APM-33W
2. CDP-555es
3. CDP-X555esd
4. CDP-338esd
5. CDP-337esd
6. CDP-333es
7. TCK-777esII
8. TCK-777es
9. TCK-555esG
10. TCK-333esX

plus a few others

some photos:

 
Last edited:
Here's some of my junk. Sony DVD-/+R standalone and Sony DAT recorder. Also have a Sony d14 cd player but I was too lazy to get it out.
 

Attachments

  • sony misc 2.jpg
    sony misc 2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 77
  • sony misc.jpg
    sony misc.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 87
here is a nude of my first stereo sony product

can any one figure out the make/model ?
 

Attachments

  • KIF_0005.JPG
    KIF_0005.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 82
  • KIF_0006.JPG
    KIF_0006.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 87
yes I replaced the speakers - I still have the originals
the replacements sound a little better/louder - better bass

how do you make pictures smaller ?

I have one that is 238kb

needs to be less than 195 kb
 
markdi said:
yes I replaced the speakers - I still have the originals
the replacements sound a little better/louder - better bass

how do you make pictures smaller ?

I have one that is 238kb

needs to be less than 195 kb

I use Photoshop to resize but I think there are free programs on the net that allow you to do that, can't recall program names though but i'm sure a google search will turn something up.
 
Sony Cassette Decks

I have a complete Sony cassette deck full line brochure dated 4/80. Shown here is just the cover. E-mail me for a PDF scan at about ~14Mb.
 
my new toy....

sony.jpg


Sony STR-6800 SD... sitting for the moment on my all tube bass rig (8x KT88, 5x 12AX7 & 1x 12AT7) and my little compressor/tuner rack (waiting on a replacement tuner).

I just got it in a trade... The original owners son was looking for a power amp and I had an unused Crown CE1000 (from old bass rig before going tube). I ate the shipping on the Crown in return for him shipping me the Sony :banana:

Bummer is I wanted this to use with my old Ohm Walsh 2... I went to get them out of the in-laws basement that is mostly dry and stable.

:tears: their washer burst 2 months ago and I had moved the speakers to right under that spot back when I last almost scored a nice vintage Pioneer. They took water, both high/mid cage is rusty and the wood expanded and blew out the corners top to bottom :tears: completely ruined.

I've bid some temp cheap speakers on eBay till we see if insurance will cover it... I paid a lot of money for them new
 
Last edited:
Here some impressions from my soon to disappear SONY stacks ! :D

Looks like the skyline of Manhattan if you look from the bottom !
 

Attachments

  • SONY tile3.jpg
    SONY tile3.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 199
  • SONY tile2.jpg
    SONY tile2.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 145
My collectionitis is partly healed, I will sell about a half of my collection.

The other half will come into appropriate racks, to be presentable and useable ! :music:
 
My first first first Sony.

Sennheisers donned--I am reveling in the caress of sound outputting from my new Sony 6060F.

It is my first Sony receiver; first receiver Sony made; and first in my large collection that is a first build.

I found it at my local VFW outlet and only made the $25 'move' because it's tank-like build, simplicity, and excellent 9.9 condition showed pomise.

I had no idea that it was Sony's first receiver and only knew Sony as a builder of good/tight BPC (or GPC). I am absolutely floored by the sonic characteristics of this first--and according to general consensus--most outstanding Sony receiver effort.

I have already replaced the dial lamps and will replace the stereo and FM indicators but other than a little heat--she's singing beautifully with awesome separation and I can only imagine how much more impactful this open sound will get with some future servicing (cap repl., etc.).

As a new vintage Sony fan . . I hereby express my thanks to posters here that provided me (unknowingly) with lamp specs and one who provided a service pdf.

Thanks again forum!
 
Nudie of TA-N77ES

As promised earlier, here's a nudie of the beast.
 
Last edited:
Okay, here's the spread on my 6060f. Notice all the sheilding!
 

Attachments

  • Sony4 640X480.jpg
    Sony4 640X480.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Sony1640X480.jpg
    Sony1640X480.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Sony2 640X480.jpg
    Sony2 640X480.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Sony3 640X480.jpg
    Sony3 640X480.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Sony5 640X480.jpg
    Sony5 640X480.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Very nice! Too bad we can't get Brian to post a few of his STR-6120. Posted a nudie of my STR-6200F ('69) earlier in this thread. It followed the -6060 ('67) and -6120 ('68) in the line from Sony. Terrific receivers from the pre-reciever-war era. :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom