• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Your stack looks great !
Perhaps a little bit too many preamps in your stack ... ;)

If your TA-E86B is in an excellent cosmetic condition I would suggest to exchange it against my PS-X7 :)

STR-6065:

These look great inside, probably not as good as a ST-5000F or a STR-6060 but still pretty darn good. That old gear resembles a little bit the build quality of old military electronics I had to work with, during my army service.
I love those knurled knobs on that receiver !

Is there anybody who want´s to build a TAC-5 cabinet copy for me ? I´d love to own one, some day ...
 
Hehe, thanks guys.

Testing it out right now and it sounds even more transparent and liquid than the TA-E86B, which was already amazing to me...

That would be a tempting deal Mirko... I'll have to think about that. It sure is in excellent cosmetic condition, I do not really recall any scratch on it as far as the frontplate is concerned, it also works perfectly and even the lamp still works !
 
Unda Maris said:
Is there anybody who want´s to build a TAC-5 cabinet copy for me ? I´d love to own one, some day ...
merrylander builds cabinets. Give him the dimensions and wood selection.

Here is a pic of my new-to-me PS-X75. New AT150Ti-VM is shown in the package. Waiting the arrival of the set of feet another AK member is sending along. C-2x has two sets of phono inputs. One for an MC (the PS-8750 w/Kontrapunkt b) and one for an MM (the PS-X75 w/AT150Ti-VM). Looking forward to some great listening.

PS-X75.jpg
 
Y B-2,
Please give us your impressions of the comparitive merits of the Sony TTs somewhere down the track.
Thanks.:thmbsp:
 
theophile said:
Y B-2, Please give us your impressions of the comparitive merits of the Sony TTs somewhere down the track. Thanks.:thmbsp:
Easy to start with. I used a PS-X7 from 1979 to 1997. Started with the V15 III and upgraded everytime Shure came out with another iteration of the V15. It was an excellent TT. However, after so many years and literally thousands upon thousands of hours of play the auto function stopped working. Sold it to a friend who still uses to this day. And, we now know the cheap and easy fix for this worn part. The PS-8750 is a step up. Considerably heavier and a better arm. After EW fixed its digital woes it has been a terrific TT. The PS-X70 I am running in the LR system into the STR-6200F is also a great TT. I would say that there is very little difference between it and the PS-X7, sonically, but have not A/B'd them. Functionally, they are the same.

I'll have some feedback on the PS-X75 in a week or two. Primary reason I wanted the PS-X75 is I want to try their TOTL Biotracer arm. If it is any good I might have to try the PS-X800 linear tracker.

Overall, IMHO you simply cannot go wrong with any of the high-end Sony TTs. They are all well designed and have excellent build quality. From the PS-X60, up. And they are selling at silly prices at the moment.
 
I have to pull out my X75 and do a real comparison.

I havent really given it a true listen.

way to go Glenn!!!!!


here is his twin!!! :thmbsp:


attachment.php
 
got a ps-x600 biotacer the electronic even eleminates feedback at high volumes ,got also other tt ,can´t decide for only one tt
 
Very nice, Ralph. You have a Paypal.

I do like the looks of the platter on the PS-X75 the best of the Sony's. Something about that wide, shiny edge that is appeals to me. Just ran mine through its paces and it worked fine. However, won't bother listening until the feet get here.
 
they go out first thing in the morning! :)

I agree. its thick and very shiney, purty!!!! :)

I wish mine worked perfect. the light post is out and the sensors dont seem to work. tried a flashlight but they didnt seem to respond. everything else works fine.

was gonna fix the light post, but if the sensors dont work I wont bother.
 
well, I brought out the X75.

my first quick inpression of it was it didnt have presensce, not enough highs and lows.


I must be getting old, my ears must have had a bad day. I was adjusting the X50 as it seemed a bit slow. there is something a miss with it. its very small but can tell. I improved on it a bit. dont know whats wrong with it. not something a casual listener would notice.

so I throw on the X60. figured gonna leave the auto running a while and leave it in my system to warm it up, it has not had a proper break in after years of no use.

so I figure I try the X75 as I have not given it a proper listen and my first impression wasnt good. set it up, balanced it. already setup the rest before. instantly.....the same record I have been using all moring easily had better sonics on it than the X50 and X60. so I figure I must have had an off day cause now it was so obvious how much better this table sounds than the others I am scratching my head wondering why my first (very quick) impression was so bad.


the X75 was gonna be sold but I am gonna break it in for a week and see how much more I do like it. id have to say its staying. boy was I wrong. dang ears. :)
 
does anyone know what would be good to clean and buff out the outside edge of the platter ? mine looks dirty and has some permanent prints and dirt or whatever I cant get off. tried stainless steel cleaner but it didnt work.

chrome polish ? anything else you guys have tried?
 
Can't remember if I've posted here before.
I have a Sony PS-X600 tt that plays great.
I also have a half-dozen Sony cdplayers.
 
my X75 Biotracer decided it didnt want to work correctly suddenly.

been playing records yesterday and today. on the last album the auto return decided not to work. tried a different album same thing. unplugged it for 15min and still didnt fix it.

anyone who is familiar with these have any idea why it wont auto return anymore ? if I put repeat on it return and replays but with it off wont auto return anymore. :(
 
bru87tr said:
does anyone know what would be good to clean and buff out the outside edge of the platter ? mine looks dirty and has some permanent prints and dirt or whatever I cant get off. tried stainless steel cleaner but it didnt work.

chrome polish ? anything else you guys have tried?


Neverdull magic wadding. It's a metal polish impregnated wadding that comes in a blue can. Just rip off a piece and have at it. Non-abrasive and works better than anything else I've tried.
 
Back
Top Bottom