• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Yamaha B-2 said:
When will the CDP-101 hit TVK?

It has been on there for a while now Glenn. It's under the DAD section.
http://www.thevintageknob.org/DAD/CDP101/CDP101.html

You called it a SonYamaha setup, so logic would demand having the Sony on the left side ;)

Axel: cool turntable, seems to have some cd-like track access nifties and such ? Probably the last gasp of the vinyl developments when cd was already bound to take over (on easy of use that is). Tangential too ?
 
Yes Glenn, the CDP-101, CDP-701ES and CDP-5000/S are in the D.A.D. section as they are real 1st gen': 1982/83.

Maybe around august I'll manage to (try to) put a search function but it is quite close to the limit of my limited html abilities.
 
Axel: cool turntable, seems to have some cd-like track access nifties and such ? Probably the last gasp of the vinyl developments when cd was already bound to take over (on easy of use that is). Tangential too ?

Yes, it works like a CDP but it is for really gone-by days: Hitachi's 1st gen' vertical CDPs (and clones) are even faster the the FL770 when it comes to just opening or closing trays !
There is a little pot to determine track detection's sensitivity... Tangential, yes.
To be honest, it isn't really cute, in fact it isn't at all: black body+black pad+black tray+black lid makes for something a little too... black. The PS-FL77, FL99 or the original silver FL7 were much more balanced and agreable. I never could find either of these for 5€ unfortunately - still searching.
 
axel said:
Yes Glenn, the CDP-101, CDP-701ES and CDP-5000/S are in the D.A.D. section as they are real 1st gen': 1982/83.

Maybe around august I'll manage to (try to) put a search function but it is quite close to the limit of my limited html abilities.

Don't be too modest Axel, TVK looks awesome!

However, having a efficient search on TVK would probably imply a database driven approach, thus totally redoing TVK.

But I'm sure for a simpler search function, it would be doable in html.
 
Sony Pictures

:scratch2: How do I put my photo's of vintage Sony gear on here? sorry to ask but new to this!
 
sorry about not posting pics yet - my amps now 3 months at menders, along with a TA-E7B not working I borrowed. Just bought a TA-4650 to tide me over, and guess what, power amp section not working, so its off to my menders too. My sony selection is growing with more on the way, and all going down my menders black hole of a workshop!!!

Has anyone got a TA-4650 SM they could ping my way. I have a TA-2000F SM in pdf if there's a common place to donate SM's.

I AM MISSING MY SONYS!!!!! NO RECORDS FOR 3 MONTHS AAAAGH:yikes:
 
Fitzy said:
:scratch2: How do I put my photo's of vintage Sony gear on here? sorry to ask but new to this!
Below the bottom of the post you will find a box that states, "Go Advanced" (if you are using the smaller post box). Use this and then below the enlarged text box that pops up (where you are typing) you will see a small box that states, "Manage Attachments". If you don't see the "Go Advanced" box then you are already there and can scroll down to the "Manage Attachments". Click on same and another box pops up where you can browse your files to select pic's to post. Think the limit for same is 146kb, but you will have to see what it states when the browse boxes pop up.

You can also use websites like 'photobucket' http://s115.photobucket.com/albums to post pic's. They generally do a better job. You have to up-load you pic's to photobucket. Once you do, highlight the IMG tag next to the pic you wish to post and copy & paste it into your post. When submit your post the pic will pop up. If you don't cut down the size of your pic to something manageable in photobucket it will fill more than the entire screen when you post. I find that 800x600 works well.

And welcome to AK!
 
axel said:
ok - here's part of the collection:

The main rig consists of a TA-E80ES and TA-N80ES combo, a NOS CDP-X777ES, a near new DTC-2000ES, a very well preserved TC-K88B and a pair of NOS SS-G1mkII.
Aside from these and seeing some use once in a while, but not shown here, is another CDP-X777ES (equally NOS), a TC-FX1010 and my trusted MDR-7509 and 7506.

That is one hell of a collection. Do you usualy leave the key under the mat ? And where did you said you were living ? :D :D :D
 
mertol said:
That is one hell of a collection. Do you usualy leave the key under the mat ? And where did you said you were living ? :D :D :D
I know where Axel lives. But, I'm wondering about your address.:D:naughty:
 
I'm closest to him (I think), so unfortunately for the both of you, you'll only find an empty appartment when you get there :D :D :D
 
- no joke: I found my cellar door bashed this morning.
nothing was taken but that's where the rest of the stacks are - old 1st gen' LD players, some of the studio stuff I have no use for anymore etc

got to reinforce the door but given the age of it -about 95 years- there not much I can really do.
 
mertol said:
That is one hell of a collection. Do you usualy leave the key under the mat ? And where did you said you were living ? :D :D :D

Mertol,
you're not doing bad either - I envy your ESII units (among others).

What is the s/n of your 880-2? Is it above #10 400?
 
The -1 series

Well, these are sony's but not quite vintage yet. Maybe someday. Great sounding, amazing build quality.

Also have another SCD-1 (modified for digital DSD output, unencrypted, for use with outboard DACs/wordclocks), an S9000ES DVD/SACD player, and had an XA7ES for a good while. Also a CA9ES (still have it).

-Ed
 

Attachments

  • sony_1_series.jpg
    sony_1_series.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 87
Very nice! Are those the big maggies your TAN-1 is pushing? And we can forgive them not being vintage. A lovely set.

And welcome to AK! See you started off with one of the best threads going.
 
The speakers are actually the original version of the Martin Logan CLS. (CLS I). They are in a rare mahogany frame, one which I have not seen very often. I had originally thought they were walnut, but have come to find out they are mahogany I am pretty sure. Panels repalced a few years back but everything else is original. (mid-80s vintage on thsoe probably).

I've been at AK for a while, even though my recent posts have been limited. I had an account a few years back, but couldnt' get access to it (email address changed) so I started a new one. Ah well. ;-)

This system as it stands now is sort of in flux. I needed something up and running, so I put these together. Eventually I'll probably integrate a set of tube amps and a tube preamp into this setup, and switch between the two systems (SS and tube) on the single pair of speakers. The location of the sub is non-ideal (as is the amp location) mainly since I have limited length cables @ the moment.

fun stuff, nonetheless.

Moving the TA-N1 was an unholy pain in the ass, even with a strong helper, it was sketchy.
 
Welcome back to Ak!

Very nice indeed. Don't see those rare beasts too often ! Very nice ML's too ! We need more upclose pics!

:music:
 
axel said:
- no joke: I found my cellar door bashed this morning.
nothing was taken but that's where the rest of the stacks are - old 1st gen' LD players, some of the studio stuff I have no use for anymore etc

got to reinforce the door but given the age of it -about 95 years- there not much I can really do.

If I were to stole something, I wouldnt surely start from the TC-880-2
It's pretty hard to run while you're carrying a 40 kg piece of metal.

Anyway I will check the serial number and tell you Axell.

I am sorry to hear that somebody broke into your propoerty.

Mertol
 
Back
Top Bottom