• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Southern California AK Winter Meet-up Info & RSVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crimp is not enough and subject to corrosion and increased resistance over time. All of my audio connections use silver solder.
 
Hey guys, look what I just put in dollars and sense,

A pair of Big Red Supers, PLUS a pair of Big Reds, PLUS, four Cerwin Vega amps at an unbelievable price that I can't put here. Someone will SCROE BIG TIME!!!
 
Last edited:
Hey guys, look what I just put in dollars and sense,

A pair of Big Red Supers, PLUS a pair of Big Reds, PLUS, four Cerwin Vega amps at an unbelievable price that I can't put here. Someone will SCROE BIG TIME!!!
How ‘bout them chartwells though? :beatnik: You don’t REALLY need them...let’s talk
 
I had my Jolida integrated repaired by their local tech (Ventura) recently because of a bad left channel. Fortunately it was just a burnt resistor and not an expensive transformer. The interesting thing is that the Electro Harmonix tubes, EL-34 in this case, failed short and caused collateral damage. He’s seen this often with all brands of tubes from that factory. Now it’s got a matched quad of JJ’s and sounds wonderful.

What model Jolida do you have?
 
I got the Braun L1030 working so I thought why not add the Klipsch KG3. The Braun are powered by an old Denon avr 2600 and the Klipsch are powered by the amp in a HK 330. The compliment each other surprisingly well. Next upgrade is electronics.
 

Attachments

  • 34E91541-3EB5-4672-A827-EE746FA3A9C3.jpeg
    34E91541-3EB5-4672-A827-EE746FA3A9C3.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 11
Have you seen this Tim? BTW, I just purchased the SACD so you can come over and hear the difference.

 
Last edited:
Vanessa arrived in SACD today. Time to hear it.:p
Please bring her along Friday Night.
We heard it on your Chartwells (I believe) and on Tim's Altecs. Informal voting seemed to indicate that the LP sounded a bit better. It'll be interesting to see how the SACD compares to the analog on a different setup. For around $18 shipped, that SACD is a real bargain, considering the material on it.
 
We heard it on your Chartwells (I believe) and on Tim's Altecs. Informal voting seemed to indicate that the LP sounded a bit better. It'll be interesting to see how the SACD compares to the analog on a different setup. For around $18 shipped, that SACD is a real bargain, considering the material on it.

Did not hear it on the Chartwells. :no:

Where the he-- can you get it for $18 shipped??? I paid over $26 shipped with tax from the bay (Amazon was more) and that was the cheapest I could find. I usually get about 4-5 used disks shipped for that.

You guys do know that she has two other disks and one is a compilation of Led Zepplin songs. Both are also SACD.

Sampling:





 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom