• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Southern California AK Winter Meet-up Info & RSVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
That figures I move to nor cal and now you guys are having a get together !! And of all places Santa Ana ( that's where I worked for 32 years as fireman /paramedic !! Enjoy my friends
 
I can be there as early as needed for set up and be there all day and night!! hahaha

But, maybe a 9:00 - 9:30 set up and 11:00 to whenever timeline?

I'm not sure about what's too early for your housemates David. Maybe 10:00 for setup, play from noon to 4:00 or 5:00 and finish clean up by 6:00?

I'd think 9:00 will be good for setup for those bringing equipment or want to help out. 11-11:30 will be fine for people to arrive for introductions / socializing and checking out equipment / questions, and noon works for the main listening session. 4-5:00 as an end time will be fine.
ll'll try to grab a parking spot or two right in front and will move my car for unloading. We can take turns in that spot as a loading zone.
I'll start a list of those who have stated they'll be attending. If I leave anybody out, or if you haven't posted you'll be attending, please let me know. Also, please mention if any non-AK members will be attending with you. It'll be helpful to know how many will be here for arranging the listening space and chairs.
I suppose we'll need some sort of snacks and beverages. I'll work on that this week, and any suggestions or volunteers will be appreciated. ;) This should be a fun event
 
That figures I move to nor cal and now you guys are having a get together !! And of all places Santa Ana ( that's where I worked for 32 years as fireman /paramedic !! Enjoy my friends
We won't hold moving to NorCal against you; you're still welcome to attend! ;)
 
I will bring the 12 gauge speaker wire to go with the Chartwells as I put special ends on them for easy installation. "Totally tubular!"

BTW, all of the major parts have been orderd for the Ultimate Switcher, and the first of them (from CA) arrived today. Chinese parts will take considerably longer.
 
I'd think 9:00 will be good for setup for those bringing equipment or want to help out. 11-11:30 will be fine for people to arrive for introductions / socializing and checking out equipment / questions, and noon works for the main listening session. 4-5:00 as an end time will be fine.
ll'll try to grab a parking spot or two right in front and will move my car for unloading. We can take turns in that spot as a loading zone.
I'll start a list of those who have stated they'll be attending. If I leave anybody out, or if you haven't posted you'll be attending, please let me know. Also, please mention if any non-AK members will be attending with you. It'll be helpful to know how many will be here for arranging the listening space and chairs.
I suppose we'll need some sort of snacks and beverages. I'll work on that this week, and any suggestions or volunteers will be appreciated. ;) This should be a fun event
I can help with Soda, beer and stuff if needed. Just let me know David. Txt me what i should bring. I also have fold out tables and fold out chairs. We can go over the details over txt.
 
I can help with Soda, beer and stuff if needed. Just let me know David. Txt me what i should bring. I also have fold out tables and fold out chairs. We can go over the details over txt.
We've got quite a few tables and chairs; I take an inventory once I complete list of attendees and let you know. As for the beer.. this sounds like the making of a fun time!

I will bring the 12 gauge speaker wire to go with the Chartwells as I put special ends on them for easy installation. "Totally tubular!"

BTW, all of the major parts have been orderd for the Ultimate Switcher, and the first of them (from CA) arrived today. Chinese parts will take considerably longer.
Sounds good. How are the amp ends of the speakers cables terminated? I have double banana jack adapter pigtails for the 1060 that we can use, if that makes it easier.
I'm betting the parts are on the slow boat... ;)
 
We've got quite a few tables and chairs; I take an inventory once I complete list of attendees and let you know. As for the beer.. this sounds like the making of a fun time!


Sounds good. How are the amp ends of the speakers cables terminated? I have double banana jack adapter pigtails for the 1060 that we can use, if that makes it easier.
I'm betting the parts are on the slow boat... ;)

Wire is bundled tight and silver soldered to a hard tip.
 
I've had parts that were on infinitely slow boats from China. Problem is you can't ask for a refund for like three months into your project when they don't arrive.

I added a couple features to make it even easier and quicker for switching things around. For example, each of the four channels will have a 16 ohm, 100 watt dummy load that can be switched in and in doing so automatically disconnects those speakers, rather than taking the time to do this manually.

Because each channel can be attenuated by up to 20 dB, a 100 watt resistor could accomodate up to 10,000 watts into the dummy loads..., if the signal is turned down at the attenuators. Bring on the Big Mc. ;)
 
We won't hold moving to NorCal against you; you're still welcome to attend! ;)
i I wish I could attend please post pics and you better send someone to El Torro for run for some Mexican food !! Just try on to get shot !! Just kidding food is great there but it's in a bad part of town !! Enjoy you lucky AK members
 
@David_NC have you set a time for the big event yet?
Would love to make this one, not sure if in the cards.
If you're able to make it, please let me know so that we can reserve a spot for you and provide the address. I'll update this list with members' names as I receive them. I'll send out a message to the list below with my address and contact info later this week.

So far, this is the list of who has said they'll be attending. If you're bringing any guests, just let me know so that we can have enough chairs, etc.


Times / Schedule
9:00 - setup for those bringing equipment or want to help out. Nobody has to be there at 9:00, but that's when I'll start setting things up.
11:00 - arrive for introductions / socializing and checking out equipment, questions, etc. Again, arrive anytime you like after 11:00. We should have setup completed and hope to have everybody situated by noon.
12:00 - main listening session. 4-5:00 as an end time will be fine.
We'll break sometime in there for food. After the main session and food, we'll have some 'freestyle' time to mix-and-match systems and music selections and generally have fun.
 
Last edited:
I might add that if anyone is looking for a particular item, be it parts or equipment and I can create an AK WTB/WTT/FREE ad. The last meet didn't create any sales and I'm guessing most if not all have items available for sell/trade/loan. Let me know by your response if you wanna do this.
 
I might add that if anyone is looking for a particular item, be it parts or equipment and I can create an AK WTB/WTT/FREE ad. The last meet didn't create any sales and I'm guessing most if not all have items available for sell/trade/loan. Let me know by your response if you wanna do this.
That’s a great idea! I think we should.

I'm curious if anyone has any dbx records. If so, I’ll have my decoder set up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom