• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Southern California AK Winter Meet-up Info & RSVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Progress Update - As your co-host I am handling the music for the "structured" portion of our event which I'm calling "The AK SoCal Jam II Programme". I finally got to spend some time picking music for some A/B on-the-fly comparisons today. I've started pulling albums that I have either in multiple formats. There will be high end "Audiophool" vinyl to compare to CD rips and "Run of the Mill" vinyl to compare to Hi Res files. I have 15 pairs so far. I don't have any albums in high end vinyl and high res digital which would be fun also. I do have another 150 or more pairs of reg vinyl and CDs if I need more.

Today I'll start picking interesting tracks and make an Audirvana playlist for my computer. I can control Audirvana and embedded Tidal Masters with my phone so I won't have to futz much with my computer as long as the WiFi gods are kind to the app. I'll organize the vinyl to match with post-its for the corresponding tracks. This will help things flow nicely and eliminate a lot of down time once we get the hang of syncing the two sources the best we can. Of course after "The SoCal Jam II Programme" conclusion there will be the free-for-all portion of the programme until David has to kick us out. :)

I've attached a progress .pdf of the "The SoCal Jam II Programme" for your reference. I will be working on ordering the tracks from here. See you Saturday!
 

Attachments

I will be buying the beer. I have Laganitas and Medello so far. Taking requests. I will also have water and coke and sprite for those who do not wish to drink. I will have two coolers. Maybe three. Refreshments are as critical as sound.:thumbsup:

but, let me know if there is a special request. It’s on me gents.

My go to is 805 these days, Modelo & Modelo Negra are favorites as well and normally available at Costco for a great price. Not much on IPAs unless they are balanced which is hard to find given the fad. Black Lagers, Scotch Ales, Stouts, Russian Imperials, Belgian Doubles and Triples, and Porters are what I dream about at night. I had a Shiner Bock along with a "Special" and an egg today at Joe Jost's for lunch so I guess I like Bock too. That said I'm not going to bitch about free beer as long as it's not light beer. Regular Pacifico is my idea of a light beer. :)
 
Progress Update - As your co-host I am handling the music for the "structured" portion of our event which I'm calling "The AK SoCal Jam II Programme". I finally got to spend some time picking music for some A/B on-the-fly comparisons today. I've started pulling albums that I have either in multiple formats. There will be high end "Audiophool" vinyl to compare to CD rips and "Run of the Mill" vinyl to compare to Hi Res files. I have 15 pairs so far. I don't have any albums in high end vinyl and high res digital which would be fun also. I do have another 150 or more pairs of reg vinyl and CDs if I need more.

Today I'll start picking interesting tracks and make an Audirvana playlist for my computer. I can control Audirvana and embedded Tidal Masters with my phone so I won't have to futz much with my computer as long as the WiFi gods are kind to the app. I'll organize the vinyl to match with post-its for the corresponding tracks. This will help things flow nicely and eliminate a lot of down time once we get the hang of syncing the two sources the best we can. Of course after "The SoCal Jam II Programme" conclusion there will be the free-for-all portion of the programme until David has to kick us out. :)

I've attached a progress .pdf of the "The SoCal Jam II Programme" for your reference. I will be working on ordering the tracks from here. See you Saturday!
Sounds good! Tim has a super high res fully analog record (Vanessa Fernandez), and I have the SACD version. The record is one of the best that I’ve heard, so that’ll be a great comparison.
 
Done deal. Diet Coke, Reg Coke, medelo, Pacifico, and Lagunitas, sprite and water. And of course for us 420 peeps!! This includes me. :thumbsup: Will be a good time ya’ll. No pretentiousness and nothing but fun. :jump:
 
Thanks for volunteering to bring the beverages @HBTim

I can bring some snacks. Planters peanuts? Tortilla chips and salsa? Any ideas?
Yes, and yes to those! I'll try to make some sort of hot dip in the crock pot for snacking, too. Maybe some small paper plates for dip and such would be handy to have, too.
 
Would anyone have interest in me bringing for the sales table:

Empire 398 (all orig)
Rek-O-Kut K33h (all orig)
Teac A3340S (R2R)
Akai 4000DS (R2R)

Let me know because this will take some work to get down.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom