• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

I'll never sell my Jbl !00T3's or my baby advent/4's or probably much of anything else! LOL

-Mike
 
I've been dragging around like dead relatives for the last 30 years my JBL L-150. Re-coned once and tuned at same time about 5 years ago. I hope to have them for a few more years.
 
Advents & Altecs

Over the years I have owned a variety of speakers. Wharfdale was the first followed by Bozak, AR1w, original Advent (stack). but my keepers were a set Altec Voice of the Theater bi amped Mac 30w/ch ont horns and Mac 125w/ch on the 15" high efficiency woofers (PHC 40watts). The crossover was a nachimichi variable.

After fifty years I let my wife talk me into disposing of those remaining (The Altecs & Advents.) I donated them to Restore (Habitat for Humanity). The Advents sold immediately for $100 ea. and the Altecs were not offered for sale. Last month I happened to be on the Altec website and fornd that the VOT speakers were still being made and for sale at $5800 ea..

Never should have parted with them,

Mike
 
Over the years I have owned a variety of speakers. Wharfdale was the first followed by Bozak, AR1w, original Advent (stack). but my keepers were a set Altec Voice of the Theater bi amped Mac 30w/ch ont horns and Mac 125w/ch on the 15" high efficiency woofers (PHC 40watts). The crossover was a nachimichi variable.

After fifty years I let my wife talk me into disposing of those remaining (The Altecs & Advents.) I donated them to Restore (Habitat for Humanity). The Advents sold immediately for $100 ea. and the Altecs were not offered for sale. Last month I happened to be on the Altec website and fornd that the VOT speakers were still being made and for sale at $5800 ea..

Never should have parted with them,

Mike
I would suggest to those who are being put in that position by their spouse, to suggest that the spouse also sell their cherished items(jewellery,mementos etc)at the same time.
You will probably hear no more,about selling the speakers..........:smoke:
 
Every speaker I own has been through the Frankenstein organ replacement lab.

Hard to sell new organs in a old body.........
 
I would suggest to those who are being put in that position by their spouse, to suggest that the spouse also sell their cherished items(jewellery,mementos etc)at the same time.
You will probably hear no more,about selling the speakers..........:smoke:

I love it!

"Audio... the man's jewelry."
 
My DIY speakers. I'm about to do $1,000 in upgrades to them. These are the best speakers I've ever heard and have the ability to talor the mids and highs to the amp they are used on.
 
There are no speakers that I won't eventually sell...until there ain't no sellin' and upgradin' left in me.
 
I won't ever let my Radio Shack Optimus 7s go. I've got 4 of them and I've owned them for 35 years now. I haven't found anything that I would replace them with. Radio Shack had some nice speakers through the years but none like the Op 7s.:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:
 
W.a.f.

Hi i am very surprised at how many audiophiles don't get their wifes to aprove of there choice of hi-fi material some may say i am macho but in OUR home i decide what i want and she decides what she wants maried for 40 years and the last 25 she as been living with these in our living room yes they are pretty high BUT we do not walk in the air when i die she can get rid of them i won't say anything but for now they will stay there unless i decide to buy something else and the same thing goes for her plants i hate them but it's her plants and just like me if she dies before me the plants will go the next day.
 
Last edited:
Well it's been 1.5 years now of collecting, and over such a long time my tastes have drastically changed. Advents had to give way to Wharfedales which gave way to Bozaks.

I'm no longer much into ported sets; Klipsches gave way to Speakerlabs. HPM-100s gave way to Magnats which may gave way to ESS-9s (unfinished). I'm more into balanced top to bottom than an interesting flashy tweeter technology paired with drivers that can't keep up. E-Stats and AlNiCo types are edging out others.

Some of my pieces are in great condition so I'll have to keep those.

Some of my faves are not rare. So for example if I found a better set of DQ-10's with the yellow caps I'd trade them but always keep one set.

Same goes for my 6ft MG-IIc Maggies. Those are primo, membranes tight and have good midbass (for planars), never garaged, never even exposed to direct sunlight! So only a larger set of ribbons or hybrid QRs could replace those.

Symphonies, hard to imagine letting those go either.

But most of all, as Dorothy said to the Scarecrow, the rare Fulton Modulars that SpeakerLabFan made possible and kfa888 'pony expressed'.

004.jpg
 
Never ever

I will never ever sell my magnats Ibought them new over twenty years ago and they still bring a tear to my eye everytime I turn them on. They are not only loud speakers but quiet speakers too. T he soundstage does not change where ever you are in the room, the twinkling highs and airy mids to these speakers are unlike just about any I have ever heard and they are MINE MINE MINE !!!!!
 
My Acoustats have been mine for almost 10 years. I'm looking for another pair. I'll then have 3 pair. I want to use 6 ESL's and 3 subs for home theatre.
 
I don't see any of mine leaving here in the near future, not the Polk 7Bs or 10Bs, not the NS-670s and certainly not the NS-690 Mk 1s. But I also do not have a crystal ball.
 
My HPM-150. First , I love the sound and imaging. From Steely Dan and Diana Krall to BB king, for me, they do it all.
I will never sell these because - I had a pair of Pioneer HPM-1500 in the late 70's while stationed in Germany, along with some other nice gear. I sold it all over there as I did not want to mess with having it shipped back, thinking I would just replace it when I got back to the states.

It has taken me 31 years, but I now have a pair again, only these are actually better as they are real wood veneer.

Do not care if I find a speaker I like better, these will never part my company
 
My Spendor BC1s.
Also, my Spendor SP1/5s. They're a mini-monitor in the LS3/5A tradition.

Don
 

Attachments

  • frontshot.jpg
    frontshot.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom