• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX-1980...only $7500

jimfet said:
They used to sell brand new for less than that.

Don't get me wrong, I think a receiver, ANY VINTAGE RECEIVER, for more than $ 500 is absurd, but 1957 Thunderbirds and 1953 Corvettes sold new for alot less than they bring now too..
 
Great comparison Cosmos.

You mean Ice Cream costs more now, than it did in 1950?

Check out the Self Defense thread, a lot of those guys are in your same orbit.

Cheers,
Russ
 
Man!!
Thats gotta be a Type Error!!
I would not even pay $500 for one :no:

The redneck seller is trying to cash in Hugely!
But hey, if he gets a buyer at that High Price..... then who is the "smart one"?
Stranger things have happened. :smoke:

Mark
 
alexkerhead said:
Because numbskulls who's dead parents had one will make a reserve price of $4000 after seeing this thread, thus escalating the price of one even more. They need to know that the price is ridiculous.


I feel the same way about my neighbors house and half the houses in this city but I am not on forum saying they are all greedy jerks. If someone offered me $7500 for my sx-1250 would I be a greedy jerk if I accepted the offer?
 
Buy for $7500, but for those who are wondering, yes, he'll take more.

I'm with Toasted, the big Pioneer receivers never did much for me personally. My favorite Pioneer stuff is the TX-9500II and (drum roll please) the amazing HPM-200. I think I'd sacrifice a limb for a mint pair of those. :D
 
You are welcome to audition my SX-1980 driving a pair of Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures and 2W 300 Watt subwoofer, whenever you are in San Diego. It might completely change your way of thinking!

Toasted Almond said:
Those amps don't float my boat Lefty. Never have, never will.
 
I paid $800 for my SX-1980 a year and a half ago. I consider it a bargain.
Yesterday, for instance, I pulled the trigger on a minty Drake R8B Communications Receiver. $1200, and worth every penny!

0082lrg.gif
 
crooner!! $7500!!

Let's both put ours on eBay now for the same price, with, oh, say, $7900 BIN. We can both be listening to Threshold and Levinson by next week! :D

$7500 for a unit that's never sold on Ebay for even $3000. What a nitwit...
 
Last edited:
Excellent idea!
Looks like I'm gonna have enough for the downpayment on a pair of brand new $300,000 WAVAC Monoblocks. Viva la audiophilia! :thmbsp:

Incidentally, there has been at least a couple SX-1980's that sold for 3K, around the time I got mine (early 2005).
 
crooner said:
Excellent idea!
Looks like I'm gonna have enough for the downpayment on a pair of brand new $300,000 WAVAC Monoblocks. Viva la audiophilia! :thmbsp:

Incidentally, there has been at least a couple SX-1980's that sold for 3K, around the time I got mine (early 2005).

I think we can start some kind of arbitrage. Buy on Audiogon for $3K and sell on CL for $7500. We're rich, we're rich!!!

I fixed my earlier post to read $3K... he's still a maroon.
 
LOL!
And yeah that price is certainly insane. I venture SX-1980s will probably cost that much 30 years from now. The Drake R8B is a future classic, so my investment is secured (or so I hope!).
 
Blue Shadow said:
Have we forgotten this auction that recently ended setting what appears to be a new bar for the super receivers...Sansui G-33000 for...Hey I can post the link since this is the $ & sense form.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sansui-G33000-G...ryZ50596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But more than 2G for a Pioneer receiver? I don't know.

I suppose when some guys spend thousands for their cables and cords, what's $4,270 for a vintage Sansui receiver ? Heh, not here man. I've got a new mini van to buy. :tears:


rebel
 
A week ago in Houston................

Wife: "Alright, that is it dear, that piece of silver junk has got to go. I am sick and tired of how ugly it looks. You be selling it today!"

Husband: "But..."

Wife: "I don't want to hear it. You sell it!"

Husband: "Ok, I will try to sell it, but it's so old, I don't know if anyone will buy it."

Later that day.......http://houston.craigslist.org/ele/203323814.html
---------------
At least, that is how I look at this current auction.
 
The Rebel said:
I'll stick with my SX-1250 and be happy. :music:

rebel
Yup, I'll stick with my 1250 too, however, it never hurts to browse.
I offered him 5. 500 that is. no response yet. He's just as others have mentioned.

Can't get enough of that "Pioneer sound" :D
 
I'm just glad I only gave $10 for mine from an estate sale. hehe. Fot that price, how can you go wrong? Even after re-capping it (parts get here tomorrow), re-veneering it, etc, I'm still out less than $100 bucks!
 
I sent the seller a "friendly" email asking if the price was a mistake.... The seller hasn't responded! Has anyone heard back from this seller?
 
Back
Top Bottom