• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The End of a Phrase?

Fritz411

Active Member
It just occurred to me- I'll bet it's been more than a month since I've heard the words

"I hear records are making a comeback"

Haven't missed it
 
Register to hide this ad
No longer a secret. Was at an outdoor flea market yesterday .. one customer looked at legacy David Bowie record for $14.
She asked the vendor "if he would take 10?. He replied "No, I sell Bowie as soon a I get it in, can't keep it in stock". o_O

There were several vendors selling legacy Vinyl yesterday .. no secrets .. everyone knew what they had and it was priced accordingly. I did notice the more popular classic rock titles continue to climb (ex .. Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd .. are getting ridiculous) while other less popular titles are still not too far out of reach .. relative to prices in recent years.
 
Last edited:
There's a tongue-in-check thread on one of the collector sites called "Vinyl Still Making A Comeback".
It's 10 years old.....the last post was two days ago.

The point being, it was joke for those guys even 10 years ago.
 
Last edited:
It's been a while since I've been in contact with "I hear records are making a comeback".
And I was hoping to keep it that way.
 
My setup is in the living room, visible when anyone comes in the front door.

Just yesterday I got asked about playing records!

Most are SHOCKED when I play the record already on the table for them!

These are neighbors of all ages. Last week had the AT&T tech in for service upgrade. I had a 1960 Ferrante and Teicher LP on, so I played it for him. He was absolutely Dumbfounded!
He had NEVER heard a vinyl LP before!

Converting people Back To The Future 1 person at a time...
 
The annoying thing I sometimes deal with when people see my turntable and stereo is they assume I'm trying to be a hipster and that I listen to vinyl not for its own sake but rather in an effort to present some type of image.
 
The annoying thing I sometimes deal with when people see my turntable and stereo is they assume I'm trying to be a hipster and that I listen to vinyl not for its own sake but rather in an effort to present some type of image.
I wouldn't allow anybody that shallow to visit my home.
 
Back
Top Bottom