• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

Good morning, y'all! We have 93 and cloudy here today. Not much happening, I've got some minor housework chores to get done, granddaughter is coming over to collect her dog. He was very well-behaved, looks like he knows the routine at grandma's house. Have an awesome day, everyone!
 
Good Morning Folks. It is 60f on the porch, sunny and the predicted high may make 80f. Yesterday after writing the daily post, I forgot to press enter. The virus and or cold I've been dealing with got worst over the weekend, so later today I'll go to the small clinic in town. Nothing going on after that but something will turn up.
Take care.
Allan
 
Temperatures expected to stay in the 80's for the most part of the extended forecast here in the wilds of Wyoming, but if you've live here for any length of time , you know those predictions are no safe bet. We did have some more rain recently with a 20% chance prediction and so it goes. The deer have managed to eat most of my vegetable garden, they are desperate for food so I can't really blame them for their reaction to the drought. They are beautiful, wild creatures that I feel fortunate to get to admire up close and personal. I make sure they stay wild in my yard and make no attempt to turn them into pets. I do talk softly to them when we both need to occupy the yard, a couple of mama's bring their young here, eat the dandelions and eventually go across the street to the river for a cool drink. Not all my neighbors have respect for these beautiful creatures , all I can say there are plenty of other places to live, these animals use trails that their ancestors laid down probably hundred of years ago, who more deserving on using these resources?

The politicians are at here and I'm guessing everywhere! Their is a watch group exposing some of the candidates for who they truly are; all I can say that it's a long time coming. Hopefully the people are listening and will vote this people more concerned with their political assentation than the people they represent. They are performing a duty I've been concerned about for a number of years. Hopefully their solution is as effect as the one I formulated, who knows, maybe is was formulated in part because of the chattering I have been doing for many years, that's based on Wyoming for Wyomingites, period. Stay away , far far away.

I'm finally getting some calm in my spirit. Amen brother. The smoke has lessened with the rain so every breath no loner threatens my life. See my cancer DR. tomorrow morning, hopefully he sees what I feel to be true, the cancer being subdued by my capable mind and body plus his medications. My energy levels are low, from the smoke's every day assault assisted by my health issues. That comes from my love and belief in the one that made my life possible. He has always had my trust and faith, it has never wavered despite the many challenges I have faced. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. My body isn't the masterpiece it once was, but I continue to try and improve upon it and help it survive the many obstacles in it's path. I hope your challenges are never too overwhelming for you not to reach your goals. My best to you and yours, love john
 
Good morning! Clear anf mid 80s F for the walk, going to 105. Looks like a row of hot dry days on tap, with rain chances increasing around Friday +/-.

Yesterday the labor day graphic fell together quickly, now have time to do an alternate and/or work on the September small camera club Subject of the month "Composite - two or more images combined in one." This breaks the rule that such images ordinarily go in the Creative category.

I bought a four CD set of Dizzy Gillespie (eight Philips LPs from 1961-1964). Never owned any of his stuff, and finding that it's somewhat different (has greater range and is more enjoyable) than the impression I had in the back of my mind. Maybe his style was different in other years (?) and maybe I had him confused with some other bebop artists. There are some calypso tracks and some with vocalese by Les Double Six of Paris. Anyway, I'm working from disc #4 to disc #2 for dinner music, and playing disc #1 in the car.

Today: some laundry, and photo stuff mentioned above.

Have a great day!

TMI: IBS acted up again yesterday, made me miserable most of the morning, seems quiet now.
 
Last edited:
Sounds like a spondylolisthesis. I had one decades ago, but it was fixed with an L4, L5, S1 fusion. Doing well to this day. Hope you fare as well as I have.
I have an unsuccessful L4/5 fusion from 15 years ago. Still 2cm, but was 4cm. Profound neuoropothy below knees and right drop foot new post op. But I’m still walking and so I’ll take the win. Adjacent fusions were only a matter of time. L4/3 is bone on bone too. I saw the standing/bend X-ray, doesn’t look like an epidural. Looks like 2 cubes crudely bolted together and JB Welded tilted up on its front edge midway back resting on S1 against the spinal cord. No disc. Ditto L3/L4 so maybe L3 to S1? The great news is I’m 85 pounds lighter than the 305 I was last time. I get the rotisserie this time.

My sister was USC/Keck Eiffel Tower Surgery candidate for nearly two years. The Thomas fire evac cost her place in line and she had a change of heart. It’s a 2 day back surgery and you’re only partially closed between the days. It’s sometimes fatal. No thank you mam. But I may try for a second opinion there.
 
Good morning. It’s 62°F going to 83. I’m heading out to meet a friend for a 7 mile trail run.

Yesterday I stopped by our sole record store and picked up 3 LPs, 2 used, and one new. The used ones we Paul Simon’s Songbook and Kootch by Danny Kortchmer. The new one was Kind of Blue by Miles Davis. That was one released on August 17, 1959 and I can’t believe that I didn’t already have a copy so I bought a new pressing. A great album.

IMG_1962.jpeg
 
Good morning, y'all! We have 94 and partly cloudy here today. It's warming up again. I lost the sound on the tv yesterday and spent most of the afternoon trying to track it down. I switched the audio to the tv speaker, but I wanted the 3.1 setup back. Turns out I had inadvertently unplugged the optical cable from the receiver when I was dusting the inside of the cabinet. Duh! Anyway, all's well now. Not much going on, just have some light yard work to get done this morning. Have an awesome day, everyone!
 
Good Morning Folks. It is 68f on the deck, overcast with a high in the 80fs. We received light rain overnight and more expected this morning. Yesterday I went to the small clinic in town and got some antibiotics. This morning the meds seem to be working because I feel half normal and the nose is dry. Today's plan is to take it easy, stay indoors and get well.
Have a great Tuesday and take care.
Allan
 
Good morning! Clear and upper 80s F for the walk, going to 104. Chances of rain go from 0 to 15% in the evening. Last night there was a flash flood advisory on the NE side of the Catalinas due to one of these low-probability storms sitting over the NE slope.

Nothing planned today, totally free-form.

Have a great day!
 
Mornin’ Friends,
Today it’s a teeth cleaning, then the Apple Store to pick out new anniversary gift tablets. Yesterday was our 52nd btw. After that I have coffee with a friend. If there’s gas left in my tank, maybe take in “Brink” tonight. Jeff Daniel’s has been doing great work lately. Have a great day.
John

Ps: No wonder I don’t get much help with the outside stuff around here. Dispatched with precision and my mini torch.
IMG_5645.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Good morning. It’s 64°F going to 94. A warm day. After the gym no plans but I’ll probably do a few chores.

Yesterday I saw my doctor for my annual. I’d done the blood work last week and all is good there. My PSA remains undetectable which means I continue to be cancer free. My total cholesterol is 128, LDL is 51, HDL 62, triglycerides are 73. My BP this morning is 98/70 and resting heart rate is 52. All great numbers for a 74-year old. I did a ‘how long will I live’ survey (a pretty extensive one online) and it indicated 105. I’m good with that. Most males in the family were gone in their sixties but they never exercised, smoked, ate a traditional diet, etc. My great grandmother was 101 and I do take after that part of the family. There is so much music to listen to to I need to live a long life.
 
Good morning dear friends!

73° F and mostly sunny, high 80.

On my way to brunch with friends. When I ended the relationship, I told my ex-gf that I wanted to remain friends. She agreed which is good because being part of my group is good for her. I like that we can be around each other without awkwardness.

Not sure what else is going on today.

God bless you all!
 
Good morning all! Tonight we're going out to dinner with her brother and our sister-in-law. It's SIL's birthday today so we're taking her to a new restaurant in the area. We went there back in June for Momma's birthday and liked it very much, so we're heading back.

Just got done with some cleaning, I'm hosting pinochle tomorrow so I like the place to look decent.

Take care and have a great day!
 
Back
Top Bottom