• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

Good morning dear friends!

47° F and sunny, high 65. Cool, sunny day, can't beat it!

Mostly solitude today, possibly meeting with friends this evening for a while.

I shake my head as I watch people trying desperately to hang on to summer. Summer sucks, so I can't imagine why they try. The traffic is heavier than it was all summer. Lots of out of state plates and cars with MA plates have decals that indicate that they live off Cape. There is a bar near me that has an outdoor stage and bands play there on weekends in the summer. There was a band there yesterday that had to quit early as the temperature dropped. I have seen what happens when you play a guitar outdoors and the temp drops. Sunset last night was at 6:19 and this time of year, it gets dark FAST! So, a little amusement for me.

God bless you all!
 
Good morning., It;s 48°F going to 78. A very nice day ahead. I am not sure what;s on the agenda today. I finished the sink installation yesterday and there are no leaks so that project is behind me. I am sure I’ll be assigned a new project.

I am tempted to get the motorcycle or for spin, take along my film camera, and do some photography. I don’t want to waste the nice days.
 
Mornin’ friends,
It’s 81f with a high of 93f, air quality is good and predictably it’s sunny. My daughter and niece are getting together today for lunch in Corona Del Mar. My nephew Billy is going to watch football with us. I’m hoping the Chargers ditch the new OC and his overly complex offense they don’t really have the depth for. I’m prolly pushing the easy button for dinner and getting pizza. Have a great day,
John
 
Good morning! Clear and lower 70s F for the walk, breeze from the east, going to 93 and windy.
My neighbor was out washing his car, so I got a photo as a possible entry for this month's subject of the month, "Water."

Today: some laundry. Last pork chop in the freezer for supper. I am thinking about goiing to the Desert Museum and taking pics at their small aquarium for the subject "Water," but will probably wait for a weekday later in the month with hopefully cooler weather.
Tomorrow my day is occupied with HVAC fall inspection, visit with sleep doctor, and more laundry. Doc's office posted a document to my account with the record of CPAP data, which we will go over along with my home sleep study. (The unit reports usage, apnea events, mask leakage, etc. via cell network.)

Have a great day!
 
Good morning. It’s 54°F going to 91. Wow, looks to be a warm one. I didn’t have a chance to get the motorcycle out yesterday so today may be the day and head to the mountains for some scool air.

I didn’t make a great dinner last night. I started early by getting dough on the rise which I turned into pocket bread. I soaked and pressure cooked garbanzo beans. I used half of the beans to make hummus and the other half into falafel. It really hit the spot.
 
Good morning, y'all! We have 98 and sunshine here today. I totally missed checking in here yesterday, just had some other stuff going on. I don't have a lot planned for today. I'll go walk the small park right after breakfast and then take care of a couple of household chores. I'll need to get a plumber out here to look at the toilet in the main bathroom that we discovered has a leak. Geez, it's always something. Have an awesome day, everyone!
 
Mornin’ Friends,
Today the high is 94f, the heat wave has peaked and we’re starting to cool down. Nothing special planned as we continue to beat the heat as best we can. I have some ribs to BBQ for dinner and MNF. The NFL, Seahawks and Chargers should refund the ticket holders for their 30 (15/15) penalty performance. McCarthy has got to go.
Have a great day,
John

TMI: I have my surgery clearance appointment with my primary care physician today.
 
Good Afternoon Folks. It is 67f on the deck and today's will be in the mid 70's. Was out of bed early to help my Son clean the rain gutters. My Son has epilepsy so I do the latter work. I made it home in time of lunch. This afternoon Alice and I are going to Walmart for a few hard to find items locally.
Have a great Monday and take care.
Allan.
 
Good morning. It’s 54°F going to 84. I am meeting my running partner at 2:30pm for our weekly 7-1/2 mile run. We’ve been doing them in the mornings but we switch in October because of darkness. Maybe we should have waited another week at 84° is a bit warm. I’ll have to carry water.

Other than that, I’m starting the repair/recovery of my primary computer. The boot drive is failing. It’s 20-year old XP box that I built so I guess it’s to be expected. I’m pretty well backed up as 99% of the data is on external drives. However, I’m going to buy a gizmo that lets me convert the drive to a USB drive and try to recover a few more things by connecting it to my WIndows 10 laptop or my Mac. I am slowly going over to the Apple world. No biggie, I started there in 19878 with an Apple ][ and have always had their devices around.
 
Mornin’ friends,
306 kelvins is our high for the day. Up early with nothing scheduled for today. Maybe a movie on senior discount day. We will see. In the meantime I am going to the beach for a few hours to chill. Have a great day,
John

TMI: I got my PCP clearance and lab yesterday without a hitch. Spoiler Alert - they have new urine sample jars with an inverted spout :banana:

IMG_5874.jpeg
This is Wild Bill or Billy, the leader of the Bolsa Chica Tower 16.5 Surfers. He’s 79, always carries his board on his head and is going out today. Much respect. Probably related to Vince.
 
Back
Top Bottom