• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Name That Album thread

Hints:

1969 Epic LP s/t.

This cat is famous for turning down a gig w/ Jimmy Page's New Yardbirds.

Start googling or check Allmusic.com.

Ken
 
Hm, at the office for the rest of the morning, so taking a phone/camera shot of one of my LPs isn't possible. Let's see if I can dig up a decent cover shot of one of 'em from the web...
 
note: I have to step away from the PC for about 2 hours for a lousy lunchtime departmental meeting, so I won't be available to respond to should any be out forward, for a while. Ah heck, someone will know this one anyway.
 
I didn't recognize the LP cover but found it in a search. I pulled up a couple songs I found on YouTube. Oh man, Mystic, thats painful. Serene was not Serene at all. I think I'm going to have to give it the benefit of doubt and assume it's a low bit rate file on YouTube. LOL.
 
Last edited:
Here's one that I think may be a challenge just based on the simple cover so I'll give a hint up front.

Clue: I you were playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon and wanted to go from The Mothers of Invention to The League of Gentlemen you might utilize the lead member of this band as a connection.

img6737i.jpg
 
Another Clue: Most members of this 80s power pop band are Cincinnati based; and continuing on the 6 degrees theme, the lead band member would also be an easy jump to Laurie Anderson or David Bowie or maybe even the Talking Heads.
 
80s schmaties; I just want to know how you figured out Garrett Lund's Almost Grown cover. You got some kind of image "match & search" software over there? :D In any case, great job on tackling that one, man, and without even a hint. :thmbsp:
 
I haven't known any at all. Not even close. I was going to have a picture ready in case I solve one, but I realized it's futile.
 
Ok, that last one maybe obscure. Lets go back a decade while it percs. How about this. at least we get a human figure. Should be real easy for some.

twoiq.jpg
 
Ok, that last one maybe obscure. Lets go back a decade while it percs. How about this. at least we get a human figure. Should be real easy for some.

twoiq.jpg

Joan Armatrading - Back to the Night

I'll see if I can post another while we're thinking about the red circle thingy.
 
Back
Top Bottom