• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The orangish amber glow of Pioneer...

Register to hide this ad
Me too!

Retired 12 yrs ago, sometimes wake up predawn and wonder about going back to sleep. I love firing up either my 850 or 980 in those cases. That's where I really appreciate their soft glow in the dark room... sounds great. In the handful of times I have done 'that', I didn't last more than 10 minutes before zzzzzzzz. I did like waking up 2 hours later to it playing.photo.JPG
 
Me too!

Retired 12 yrs ago, sometimes wake up predawn and wonder about going back to sleep. I love firing up either my 850 or 980 in those cases. That's where I really appreciate their soft glow in the dark room... sounds great. In the handful of times I have done 'that', I didn't last more than 10 minutes before zzzzzzzz. I did like waking up 2 hours later to it playing.View attachment 2263826
Very nice Onemug! I do the same thing.
 
I switched out the lamps in my SX-780 to automotive 12V Natural Amber #194 bulbs, makes a nice night light, dimmer and more amber than they would be with the 8V clear incadescent lamps in place. Maybe a bit less load on the circuit, too.
 
I switched out the lamps in my SX-780 to automotive 12V Natural Amber #194 bulbs, makes a nice night light, dimmer and more amber than they would be with the 8V clear incadescent lamps in place. Maybe a bit less load on the circuit, too.
I bet that looks very nice!
 
I no longer own my SX1250, but I do have the TX-9500 (not the coveted II model) and have considered moving it to the bedroom.
Yeah, I smell what you're stepping in.
Is it just the TX 9500 II that is coveted or are all the II models more desirable?
 
My honeycomb is empty, sold the SX-780 a few years ago. Those Darlington power packs worried me too much.

Pretty glow though. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top Bottom