• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The V15 RS. Is it really a V15 or just a rebadged M97xE?

Is there a replacement available that will fit the VST III cartridge?
ANSWER:
The NE97HE will fit.

Answer ID 2819


That's the answer on the link .........I think David is correct

:thmbsp: Yep, you're both right! I didn't realize dlaloum meant a link on the page that was linked to earlier.
 
So I hesitate to ask after having read this thread in it's entirety. But I shall.
I picked up a V15 RS today for $.25

Looking for a new stylus - what would be recommended replacements? Or a better question, what replacement styli are folks using in their V15 RS?

Don't mean to add to the debate, just looking for what folks are using and what sounds good.

thanks
 
The Jico SAS VN5xMR is the only currently available option that is close to the original stylus.

The V15RS is the same as the V15VxMR, except with a HE stylus rather than the later MR.
 
The Jico SAS VN5xMR is the only currently available option that is close to the original stylus.

The V15RS is the same as the V15VxMR, except with a HE stylus rather than the later MR.

Because of the Radio Shack badge, the V15RS is still way under the radar. :thmbsp:
 
no gloating here! :banana:

I was kind of excited. Looking forward to giving it a spin.

thanks for the stylus recommendation. It was hard to follow the thread and derive and answer.
 
Read through this entire thread with much interest, lots of great stuff.

Could Ultra 500 owners who also own higher end carts like LOMCs please share their thoughts on how their Ultra 500 compares?

Was lucky enough to get a pristine Ultra 500 from a friend and am enjoying it with a Jico SAS, but am now feeling the upgrade itch though only up to a certain price point. How much more would I have to spend to have a day-and-night improvement vs my present combo?

BTW, using the Ultra with a Thorens TD126 mk 3 and SME 3 arm, major reason why I hunted so long for a V15 derivative like an Ultra 500 in the first place.

Cheers!
 
Basic rule.of.thumb... Expect to pay circa 8x the ultra's retail for a " wow that's better" effect...

So you would be looking at several grand...

In my opinion you are at the value/performance sweet spot now.... There are improvements beyond this, but it gets expensive.

On the other hand if you want similar levels of.performance with a different flavour, there are lots of options.
 
Back
Top Bottom