• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Today's Contemporary Jazz Playlist

E2FoxPe.jpg


Now that's a coincidence. These two gents were the first act I ever caught at BlueNote Hawaii when it first opened. 5 years ago? Can't remember. They were spectacular together. I was initially surprised that they were playing as a Duo Headliner (with drums and bass of course). But it worked. They really played off of each other nicely. I met them at the BlueNote Store at the Outrigger in Waikiki after the concert. John told me he could not believe how gorgeous the BlueNote in Waikiki was compared to New York City. I said something like, "John, that club in NYC has decades of AGE going for it. All we have is Palm Trees, Sun and Surf." He said something like, "I hear ya' but I'll still opt for Hawaii."
 
Now that's a coincidence. These two gents were the first act I ever caught at BlueNote Hawaii when it first opened. 5 years ago? Can't remember. They were spectacular together. I was initially surprised that they were playing as a Duo Headliner (with drums and bass of course). But it worked. They really played off of each other nicely. I met them at the BlueNote Store at the Outrigger in Waikiki after the concert. John told me he could not believe how gorgeous the BlueNote in Waikiki was compared to New York City. I said something like, "John, that club in NYC has decades of AGE going for it. All we have is Palm Trees, Sun and Surf." He said something like, "I hear ya' but I'll still opt for Hawaii."
Wow !!! Both in one night together. I would love to have heard that. It's frustrating Blue Note Napa can't get any big names except on rare occasions.
 
Wow !!! Both in one night together. I would love to have heard that. It's frustrating Blue Note Napa can't get any big names except on rare occasions.

Oh yes indeed. Double-billed. A combined act. I actually shot a YOUTUBE Video of it and posted it, but I can't find it now. Youtube makes it so hard to find your uploaded videos.

But here is a pic. John's guitar is obscuring Joe's face, but rest assured, that's the duo;

IMG-9590-1.jpg


A pic of Joe blowing some hot notes. Same outfit as previous pic so you know that was Joe in that pic as well.

IMG-9587.jpg
 
Thank you Billy. I enjoyed that. :thumbsup:

Glad I found it and glad you liked it.

Wished it could have been longer, but it was more for a memory keepsake for me than it was for posting for others. It was my first time at BN Hawaii so I wanted some kind of video memory, since the club had just opened. They were offering all locals free admittance with no cover. But SWMBO and I ordered dinner anyway. Hopefully that club will last.
 
Back
Top Bottom