• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TU 717 Tuner right channel went out.

Register to hide this ad
You need to be much more specific re: symptoms, defining "went out". Did everything go dead as in no lights, or sudden no reception? What was allegedly done during the "servicing" years ago? To many, servicing may be confined to interior cleaning to remove decades of dust, dead bugs, cat/dog/ guinea pig hair, mouse nests/poop, etc & if you were lucky, a good squirting of contact cleaner to the pots & switches. The cure for yours could be as easy as a blown fuse, cleaning controls again to a comprehensive bench session to find where the audio or RF signals stop. In a word, help us help you by getting more descriptive.
Lots to learn on this site, so poke around & see how vast AK actually is.
 
Last edited:
Pretty common for the Mode select switches to cause this problem. FM stereo and mono switch. I would start there with some DeOxit.
 
I'll try and clarify with more details. At first, I thought the right channel was completely out, but it's not, but it is far lower volume than the left. I switched out put wires and got the same result just reversing the channels. Maybe pots need cleaning? Not sure what to do. I am not willing to start soldering. And here is what the repair technician wrote in 2021.

1791149746145.png
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom