• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Unique & Distinctive Speakers

So, TerryO, what's happened to Dan since Adire went tits up?

I haven't talked to Dan for a month or so, but he's staying pretty busy. He designed either 5 or 7 drivers (I forget which) for JBL, along with other companies. He spends a lot of time in Asia, where he has a lot of contacts, to co-ordinate and oversee development and manufacturing of audio and other products.
I suppose you may not know that Dan originally designed SONAR systems, which he was doing when I met him, before he got into audio and speaker design. He's a very smart engineer and a great guy.
In fact, he's truely a perfect gentleman and has never raised his voice when telling me to leave, unlike all the others...
:D

Best Regards,
TerryO
 
Last edited:
There's also the Lovecraft Design (formerly Cain & Cain) BEN-ES:

img_IBen.jpg


I_Ben.jpg


-D
 
There's also the Lovecraft Design (formerly Cain & Cain) BEN-ES:

Those Lovercraft's are cool, so I checked out there website and I found some "special" versions (see attached) of their Noogis line (would that be Noogises or Noogi???).
 

Attachments

  • Special Noogi.jpg
    Special Noogi.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 103
Too bad Adire is out of business, nothing moved air like a Parthenon.

I think Tom Danley might have something to say about that. Will a Parthenon move the wall of a house 8" in and out? Danley's sonic-boom simulator speaker systems will! :D

Regards,
Gordon.
 
If I was willing to have a speaker that LOOKS like a Dalek in my living/listening room...I may as well have a speaker that looks EXACTLY like a Dalek!!!:D

DO NOT BLASPHEME!
DO NOT BLASPHEME!
DO NOT BLASPHEME!
 
Last edited:
Dalek Speaker (aka. Dalek Horn)

If I was willing to have a speaker that LOOKS like a Dalek in my living/listening room...I may as well have a speaker that looks EXACTLY like a Dalek!!!:D

DO NOT BLASPHEME!
DO NOT BLASPHEME!
DO NOT BLASPHEME!

Is this the Dalek speaker to which you refer???

dalek-horn-1.jpg
 
As art, the specimens are very nice. The little fostex matches well, visually , at least.
I wonder what is goin' on in the horn section, though... :scratch2:
 
Reality 4D Speakers by Acoustic Reality

Details:
The Reality 4D loudspeakers contain a 6,5 inch Scan Speak mid-woofer and a 3/4 inch tweeter from the Danish Hiquphon. Both driver units have been developed in corporation with Acoustic Reality. Frequency response: 30Hz to 25kHz, +-3 dB. Dimensions: Width: 350mm, height: 1440mm, depth: 350mm

New Years Humor:
- What exactly is the "point" of these speakers?
- These speakers sure know how to make a "point".
- These speakers are "sharp"!
- I wonder if these speakers are hard to "triangulate"?
- I wonder if you can set your amp under four of these?
- Great complement to the Yamaha B-6 amplifier (pictured below)

13-108-thickbox.jpg


Yamaha B-6 Power Amp
imagemagic.php
 
Last edited:
Manger Zerobox 103 with their unique bending wave transducer. Quickly looked and didn't see it mentioned.

Those are cool! I checked them out on the net and found that they are available in several unique and distinctive finishes. Here are my favorites...

Ebony Veneer
veneer_ebon.jpg


Bubinga
wburl.jpg


Walnut Burl
veneer_bub.jpg
 
Had a few friends over tonight, we dragged one down out from the attic.

This one fits the bill!
 
Last edited:
Beautiful Onken W's, SMT. Those 1803's are really impressive, too -- what drivers are you using on them and in the rest of your system?

Bravo!
 
Back
Top Bottom