• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Unique & Distinctive Speakers

Livingvoice

www.livingvoice.co.uk

Bespoke Cosmotron
images


Vox Olympian
extro_small.jpg
 
Last edited:
I found this thread a couple days ago when I was having my coffee and thought to myself; Self, I can do better than that. These are the best sounding RS 1354 yourv'e ever heard.

IMG_4100.jpg


IMG_4104.jpg


IMG_4103.jpg
 
Hmmm, a little wider version and it could be called the Hershey's Kiss Special Edition :D It is certainly unique and distinctive, and I am sure some out there will really like the, shall we say "organic" shape. I never heard of Vivid, so I visited their website...very interesting, especially their more simple but still distinctive K1 mains and C125 mid-woofer (links below)...

K1 Fullrange loudspeaker:
HE2006-VIVID.jpg


C125 Low Mid Driver:
C125driver_woofer.jpg

AWESOME!:yes:
 
I found this thread a couple days ago when I was having my coffee and thought to myself; Self, I can do better than that. These are the best sounding RS 1354 yourv'e ever heard.

IMG_4104.jpg

Did that speaker dust cap "spark" the idea for your design? :D

That cap looks like quite a sturdy "plug" if you ask me. :D :D

Were you "shocked" by the sound quality? :D :D :D
 
Didn't see these mentioned yet;

ME Geithain
RL901K (cardioid bass)
rl901.jpg


Void Acoustics
Air motion series (seen these multiple times as dj monitors at big dance events)
airmotion.gif

Paraflex640.gif


Static series (pretty regular PA design, nice jacket)
static3.gif

StaticVLF.gif


Funktion One
Resolution 5 (I believe. F-one makes very good SQ PA stuff)
3755067340_8c2c4b0c2d_300x237.jpg


Tannoy
Westminster ('bespoke' cabinetry, heritage and SQ)
138-large-1.jpg


Danley
The matterhorn was already mentioned, but there's more;

Synergy Horns, SH 50;
danley_sh50_constrution.jpg


Tapped Horns (both the front and back of the driver are in the horn path) TH221;
Danley%20th221.jpg


Yorkville
U15 (Using Danley's Synergy design);
u15_cut.jpg


Gedlee
Summa (foam plugged waveguide by Dr Geddes);
Summa_15.jpg

There's another comapany using his tech (which also has a couple of distinctive subs), can't remember the name at the moment.

Karlson Coupler
This design type wasn't mentioned yet, dunno what the best commercial example is/was;
insert1lc8.jpg


Klipsch
I do think the La Scala is a unique product.
 
QSC ISIS 215PCM Subwoofer

Didn't see these mentioned yet;

[Tapped Horns (both the front and back of the driver are in the horn path) TH221;
Danley%20th221.jpg

Voltcontrol:
Cool entries!!! That TH221 design looks VERY similar to a past model QSC speaker I posted in this thread...except with the drivers facing the opposite direction (I wonder which design works best)...

isis215pcm_ft.jpg

sideprofile_lo.jpg
 
It's great that you're keeping this thread going, Yamahalic. It's a real treat to see these outlandish and exotic designs.
 
Back
Top Bottom