• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vancouver BC / Lower mainland deal alerts

Whoops

Hi,

I made a posting that shouldn't have been posted...

I hope this edits it out.

Sorry about that.
 
Last edited:
innovative's garage buy

offered a low price and bought this absolute beauty.It sounds excellent,all point to point hand wired audiofile pre.The mods galore as far as you want to go.these pop up on e-bay for stupid prices.most seem to average asking around$1000.and it comes with the 90 day warrantee.Got it early morning when things were crazy.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 21
not sure if this is allowed here,but just received from the tech,my all restored Fisher 400.and this piece is mint! re capped-re tubed.may trade it as i have another tube project in the works.
update.Sorry,won't happen again!
 
Last edited:
offered a low price and bought this absolute beauty.It sounds excellent,all point to point hand wired audiofile pre.The mods galore as far as you want to go.these pop up on e-bay for stupid prices.most seem to average asking around$1000.and it comes with the 90 day warrantee.Got it early morning when things were crazy.

I couldn't get out there for the sale; I was having my own.

That's a nice one. :thmbsp:
 
Haven't bought from them. I notice they have an AU-777/Tu-777/SP3000 group for $699. I think the stuff sits for a while because it's at a high price. I have wondered if the John in the ad is the same guy who used to go by the name "The Captain", and ran a used goods store at 10th and Alma??
 
Haven't bought from them. I notice they have an AU-777/Tu-777/SP3000 group for $699. I think the stuff sits for a while because it's at a high price. I have wondered if the John in the ad is the same guy who used to go by the name "The Captain", and ran a used goods store at 10th and Alma??

I wonder if he ever got tuba lessons?
 
I have wondered if the John in the ad is the same guy who used to go by the name "The Captain", and ran a used goods store at 10th and Alma??

Good theory. I might have heard that somewhere before.

I've never bought from them either but I get curious sometimes.
 
Has anyone bought from these people before? They always list a lot of audio gear, but it seems to sit for a long time.

One of the ads:
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/ele/5059180248.html

I have sold stuff to him, and it is always a process. To answer the post above, yes John is "the Captain", his old partner runs the vintage stereo shop out of the old site.

He is absolutely a dealer, do not hesitate to offer any price. He has bought stuff from me and always comes in at about 50% advertised and has plan to re-sell it if he is offering to buy it. That is not a bad thing to be sure, but personally I would suggest planning on starting low and waiting if you want to buy from him. His various ebay selling accounts have LOTS of complaints from minor to bordering on insane, so I would suggest it is very much buyer beware.

He is shrewd but fair, a little eccentric perhaps but in my experience a knowledgeable guy.

Finally he sometimes struggles in the getting back to you re CL ads... I think it is just an overly busy phenomena..
 
Luxman stereo cabinet for free in East Van

image.jpg

"free furniture and stuff" - posted about half an hour ago.

It's sitting with some other stuff in an alley near Nanaimo and McGill, northwest of the PNE:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/fuo/5096169966.html

In the second picture, the stereo cabinet is under the blue suitcases, and at the top left corner of the cabinet is the trademark Luxman 'L'. Looks to be late 1970s vintage. I would grab it myself but I gots no more room....
 
Last edited:
That price is good. Hard to beat the sound that setup will produce for the money. Looks to be in great shape and if that was on the island would be mine in quick time. Hope an AK'er can grab this.
 
Technics Turntable $10

Anyone interested in a Technics SL-20 that needs some TLC?

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/ele/5095449648.html

I like the comment re missing "cartridge head". Yup, that's definitely hard to source .... the missing counterweight is a minor issue, to be sure!:

"Turntable for sale. Motor works on 33 speed, is a little hesitant to start at 45rpm but will get going.
Missing: arm weight, lid and most importantly, cartridge head.
You'll need to put work into getting it going... hence the 10 dollar price tag."
 
Back
Top Bottom