• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vancouver BC / Lower mainland deal alerts

I figured as such. Is the cabinet any good? Teak?? Can it be made into a unit with decent electronics to replace whatever's in there now??? A lot of wood for $200 asking...
 
I figured as such. Is the cabinet any good? Teak?? Can it be made into a unit with decent electronics to replace whatever's in there now??? A lot of wood for $200 asking...

I suppose but there are a ton of these lanquishing on the market.I only get moderately excited by the tube base consoles and unfortunately most I find in Canada are not that desirable.Im always looking for the Magnavox.s excetra as sometime you will find a 6bq5 pp amp in stereo in some of their 1960 consoles,but there few and far between.
hunter
 
These speakers must be single driver, am I assuming correctly?

Yeah the electrovoice fullrange are kind of cult following would be the term I would use. Is the SP12b a dual concentric or a single full range. I was thinking it was a dual but in retrospect now I am not at all sure.

Answered my own question, full range single. . in 8 and 16 ohm variants... like to work with a tweeter in many set-ups.. just looked up a groovy open baffle design with a pair of tweeters crossed over at 3500...either way the price seemed pretty fair for the pair.(rhyme unintentional, but hardly mentionable)
 
Last edited:
last night after dinner I saw a brief craigslist ad for a Marantz 2250B for $150.I phoned the number for "Larry".An asian guy answered and said too late.It was just posted,so who knows.He still has ad for a Sansui 130? His ad shows lots of gear in the background,but not unlike that fellow on south Granville.Tons of gear including stacks of Macintosh tube amps.Apparently a shifty fellow,or so I've been told.
 
That guy in the South Granville area does not make any sense to me. His house is crammed full of high end gear. He's always putting ads up on CL for stuff at way over market value. Not sure what his game is.
 
That guy in the South Granville area does not make any sense to me. His house is crammed full of high end gear. He's always putting ads up on CL for stuff at way over market value. Not sure what his game is.

I can only assume you are referring to "D.Y." , the tube repair slash infinite number of units for sale, maker of "superb custom amps". Don't really know him personally, but certainly hear lots of him...
 
He did a couple of re foams for me which were fine. Did a couple of repair jobs one was good, the other didn't work out. I know of another guy ('coquitlam west' on cl) who took an amp there for repair, ended up burning up some other components and had to repair more stuff. I don't go there any more, I go to Minsoo for repairs now.
 
Back
Top Bottom