• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vancouver BC / Lower mainland deal alerts

Wondering if that belongs to one of our own out there in Twass...???

Looks like a vaguely familiar house in the background...
 
Although not cheap, this set is truly a "fab" piece of Canadiana and a great articulation of the mid-century modern design movement... wishing a had a big wad of spare dough kicking around :thmbsp:

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/ele/4912936505.html
Never seen one like that..pretty cool.

that's a bud of mine who owns it I believe.My personal tube tech,he knows his stuff and does great deals on tube gear he refurbash's.
Great guy,has rebuildt ALL my tube gear.

hunter
It's a cool unit..I have a simular vintage Scott and it is very sweet..just enough power to work with most speakers.
If I didn't have too much stuff already I would snap it up, my bud is looking for something like..he owes me $$ for my beloved heathkit speakers still so I better just be quiet..lol
 
Never seen one like that..pretty cool.


It's a cool unit..I have a simular vintage Scott and it is very sweet..just enough power to work with most speakers.
If I didn't have too much stuff already I would snap it up, my bud is looking for something like..he owes me $$ for my beloved heathkit speakers still so I better just be quiet..lol

im putting together a HHscott system at the moment.So far have a scott LC-21 tube preamp and a scott LT-110b tuner,just need a pair of scott mono amps to finish
hunter
 
I took a long look at the ad for the Clairtone Mid-Century console, but at $1000, I think it's over priced.

I would say it is overpriced as a piece of technology, but as a design item, depends where your style lies I guess. The picture is for crap, looks way better set up right and the rest of the decor would set it up a 1000 times better. Definitely an intriguing piece either way!
 
I do like the looks, that's why I took a long look at it. In the right setting, it would be striking, and then you're left with the problem of whether you use it to reproduce music, or do you use other components, or even, to I rip the electronics out of the console, and put in something better sounding?
 
Surprised no one's mentioned these yet:


TANNOY G.R.F GOLD speakers - amp (Chilliwack)

Mint Condition, my father purchased brand new - he's 88 years old - Dad was a music prof.
Made in England -one of the best speakers money can buy
These speakers are on Ebay for $20,000.00
Let's talk
Thanks - Nathan


http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/atq/4920771434.html


...he's a little off on his pricing (those $20,000 ones on eBay are not sold, and it's actually only ONE speaker with a silver driver), but he seems to have settled into the $5-10K range for everything in the ad including the tube amp and pre.

No affiliation, etc.
 
Back
Top Bottom