• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

"Very nice" my a#&

Robisme said:
Sorry about that guys. I forgot the link.

I mean, you win. That is the "very nice" amp I was talking about.

I wouldn't mind picking up an AU-D11 II that needed repair, just not that one.

Rob

yaaaaaaaaayy. I'd like to thank my fathers libido, and Smirnoff vodka! :banana:
 
Robisme said:
Sorry about that guys. I forgot the link.

I mean, you win. That is the "very nice" amp I was talking about.

I wouldn't mind picking up an AU-D11 II that needed repair, just not that one.

Rob
Thanks for killing a perfectly good thread.

cubdog
 
I've been wondering... is there something symbolic with cutting the power cord or something? Is it the electronic equivalent of the time I carved "****" into an air mattress that sprung a leak before I put it in the trash at the campground?
 
Inkara1 said:
I've been wondering... is there something symbolic with cutting the power cord or something? Is it the electronic equivalent of the time I carved "****" into an air mattress that sprung a leak before I put it in the trash at the campground?

That is a very relevant question, because I can't tell you the number of ebay auctions I come across that say something to the effect of "power cord is spliced" or "power cord is cut", "I couldnt test because power cord is severed".

It is either a coincidence that some people are prone to ripping the power cord off a piece of equipment (which as a 26 year old, I would figure the odds would be I have, but I havent) or you are right and it is synonymous with "you don't want this!"

Good eyes
 
Lefty said:
Well guys, link or not, I've seen BAD inputs and those aren't bad inputs :nono:

Lefty

Yeah...I'd have to agree with Lefty. The inputs aren't that bad. It's the copper back panel that looks like crap. But in that model there is a heckuva lot more copper inside. I'd hate to open it up.

:no:

Hey this thread doesn't have to end here!

:D
 
xoaphexox said:
That is a very relevant question, because I can't tell you the number of ebay auctions I come across that say something to the effect of "power cord is spliced" or "power cord is cut", "I couldnt test because power cord is severed".

It is either a coincidence that some people are prone to ripping the power cord off a piece of equipment (which as a 26 year old, I would figure the odds would be I have, but I havent) or you are right and it is synonymous with "you don't want this!"

Good eyes

For some whacked out reason I want to say this has to do with bad gear that somebody is looking to avoid liability on, i.e, cut the cord off so if someone kills themselves on it; it's not your/our fault.

Just my guts talking........
 
Andyman said:
For some whacked out reason I want to say this has to do with bad gear that somebody is looking to avoid liability on, i.e, cut the cord off so if someone kills themselves on it; it's not your/our fault.

Just my guts talking........

I think your guts are correct.
 
...just to vent, items in which the sellers say "mint" and there are fingerprints and watermarks all over the gear photographed drives me nuts. I don't even want to know what those people consider "mint"! I highly doubt they would buy a set of mint coins that have grimy fingerprints all over them!
 
Andyman said:
For some whacked out reason I want to say this has to do with bad gear that somebody is looking to avoid liability on, i.e, cut the cord off so if someone kills themselves on it; it's not your/our fault.

Just my guts talking........

I'd say you have pretty smart guts! Probably stuff that was returned for repair and they didn't want to mess with. Lop off the power cord, chuck it in the dumpster and move on. Then someone goes dumpster diving and pulls it out to sell to vintage audio freaks.

Very entertaining thread! I was LOL.

Ray
 
anyway it looks like that amp had a few too many flings without protection. growths around the inputs, can't be too healthy.
 
I am glad you all had fun at my expense.
I was happy to see a D11 II up for auction, then I saw the pics and got so pissed I fogot the link and should have said look at the chasis. I also was probably under the influence of ale.

Now lets move on. :D

Rob
 
Back
Top Bottom