• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Vintage Luxman prices?

Freezer7Pro

Luxman!
Anybody know where I can find info on the original pricetags of old Luxman units? I'm mainly interested in the ones I own (L-120/M120), but anything would be fun to know.
 
Register to hide this ad
Woah, holy cow! Didn't expect my little M-120 to be 700 old Dollars worth of amplifier.

Thanks for the links, only the L-120A left.
 
The L-120a, a 100wpc integrated amp was probably priced at about the same as the M-120a or a couple hundred higher. Some of the 100 wpc amps were 800-1000 back then. The L-100, L-110, L-580, and others were in that range. I think the L-120a showed up just after the L-580. Maybe someone know the price.

I have found pricing for Lux components, not many but some that were sold in the US and Japan and I have the prices stated for those two locations. They usually are NOT the same. This may be true for these components using US pricing and a European purchase. I don't know what any of the European pricing was for the Lux gear.
 
Last edited:
The L-120a, a 100wpc integrated amp was probably priced at about the same as the M-120a or a couple hundred higher. Some of the 100 wpc amps were 800-1000 back then. The L-100, L-110, L-580, and others were in that range. I think the L-120a showed up just after the L-580. Maybe someone know the price.

A quite peculiar thing I've noticed about the L-120A is that it behaves pretty much exactly like the M-120A when it comes to power output. So similar, that the output power meters on the M-120A apply for it when the M-120A is connected to its pre-out. Unloaded, the measured max. output voltage is even identical; 55.9V. I find it quite odd, as the L-120A runs on around +/-65V, whilst the M-120A runs at around +/-70-75.
Blue Shadow said:
I have found pricing for Lux components, not many but some that were sold in the US and Japan and I have the prices stated for those two locations. They usually are NOT the same. This may be true for these components using US pricing and a European purchase. I don't know what any of the European pricing was for the Lux gear.
To me, the accuracy doesn't have to be very great. I'm mainly looking for a rough reference of what my gear was worth back in the day.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom