• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Welcome to Audiokarma's new tape forum

We go 30 inches per second ...try that one your Technics 1200MkII. Those guys go round and round and round and they are just a device, we are a FORMAT.

I like BOTH forums, really.
 
Thanks. For some unknown reason, I've been getting back into tape lately. A year ago all I still had was an old Denon cassette deck, not used in years and boxed up in my basement. Now I also have 3 Nakamichi cassette decks, 2 Otari reel to reels and an old Akai reel to reel (the last was a gift from a friend, because they were about to throw it away at his work).
 
tape forum?!?!?!?!...... seriously?.... perhaps there should be an 8 track forum as well....

personally when i paint i like the blue tape, the green stuff tends to stick way too much.....
 
Now can we split these up into cassette and R2R, and where do I post if I need info on how to tape my vinyl to tape? :scratch2:

Seriously, Looks like this is what it took to get VintX outta the closet and posting again, makes it all worth it. :yes::D
 
Hi all,

Ha, how timely is this new forum ? Why just this morning I decided to hook up my ol' AKAI GX-625 Reel to Reel having been inspired by Capt. Scary's (aka Barry) very recent find of a nice AKAI Reel to Reel and MARANTZ 2385. This morning I played some live from the MET OPERA broadcast that I had taped live one Saturday afternoon back in the mid 1980's. Heck, the AKAI sounded pretty darn good connected to my FISHER 400 and WHARFEDALE W-90's.

Regards,
SixCats!
 
Woo Hoo! :banana: Don't get me wrong, I like TT's as much as the next guy, but now I don't have to scan through every twenty or thirty posts to get to the next cassette post!:D
 
I have a few cassette decks and also 8-tracks, so don't be shy:D

I too have a reel to reel A 4300-SX Teac, and I love it, but for some bizzare reason I love 8-Track players and tapes. I just think they are cool. Probably for more nostalgic reasons than anything else. Just brings back memories of the old high school days!
 
Geez, a guy goes on vacation for a while, and everything changes. :) Good call Grumpy & Co. -- tape posts/questions tended to get buried pretty fast by those vinyl boys. Well done -- should make life easier for everyone. :thmbsp:
 
Problem with cassette deck

Hi,
I recently had a problem with my SONY cassette deck, in which it stopped functioning due to a power loss. I've been thinking whether I should find out how to repair the problem, or if I should simply replace the unit. My question is, would it be more economical to repair the loss of power or to buy a new cassette deck?

Tony
 
Back
Top Bottom