• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are these? Do I want them?

sol7

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Anyone know what kind of speakers these are? Are they something worth getting? The only info I have is the pic. I will be checking them out this weekend.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • speaker.jpg
    speaker.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 351
Register to hide this ad
Yes they do look interesting. Looks like maybe a 12" speaker in the cab. You can barely see an outline in the left speaker. That is a Pioneer tube amp sitting on them.
 
Something about the look makes me want to say Bose but the horns would be wrong for Bose. If nobody here knows what they are then they are really worth getting just for the novelty! I'll take them!
 
VERY "Early-mid Sixties" looking. Bet they were part of some "Hi-Fi Aficionado's" pride & joy system.
 
Those speakers are also early to mid 1960's Pioneer units (pre-CS series models) like the amplifier. Those horn tweeters are a dead giveaway, well that and the fact I've seen similar models on Fleabay in the past. I would not consider a purchase without a listening session first as these types of speakers seem to have little collector value.
 
I was thinking they might be Pioneers since there is also a Pioneer amp with them. Couldn't find an pics like them though. Doubt I'll be able to listen to them since it's an auction. Will have to see what happens.
 
or they are realistic...forget the model though.
worth it at a good price for sure, i would say.
however, i think the realistic was bookshelf.
 
Well, somebody wanted the speakers/amp/turntable more than I did. The speakers were Chrysler's or was it Crysler, no I believe it was spelled with an H. And I thought it said they were made in USA. Fairly solid cabinets. Looked like probably 8" woofer. $165 for all 3 pieces. I think the mummified mouse in the amp was the cause for high bidding.
 
Back
Top Bottom