• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I will admit to trying welding cable once... it worked, but that was all... lol pretty crap sounding... the purity of copper in stuff like that and cheap lamp cord is crap for audio purposes... :P
I had a friend who fashioned some speaker wire from 4-gauge jumper cable lines. It kept breaking the terminals. He put battery posts on his speakers. I forgot what he did with the amp.

The difference in sound was extraordinary! Well worth the continuous hassles of the setup. NOT!

I kept telling him, "What about the many feet of 22-gauge wires in the amp and 18-gauge in the speakers and crossover?"

Him: "That's not important! Can't you hear, no FEEL, the difference?"

Sorry for the off-road trip there. Carry on!

6b6ae80b-839e-47c7-bd01-459c5ba9cd9c.jpg
 
I had a friend who fashioned some speaker wire from 4-gauge jumper cable lines. It kept breaking the terminals. He put battery posts on his speakers. I forgot what he did with the amp.

The difference in sound was extraordinary! Well worth the continuous hassles of the setup. NOT!

I kept telling him, "What about the many feet of 22-gauge wires in the amp and 18-gauge in the speakers and crossover?"

Him: "That's not important! Can't you hear, no FEEL, the difference?"

Sorry for the off-road trip there. Carry on!

6b6ae80b-839e-47c7-bd01-459c5ba9cd9c.jpg

Thers no convenience like inconvenience :biggrin:
 
I had a friend who fashioned some speaker wire from 4-gauge jumper cable lines. It kept breaking the terminals. He put battery posts on his speakers. I forgot what he did with the amp.

The difference in sound was extraordinary! Well worth the continuous hassles of the setup. NOT!

I kept telling him, "What about the many feet of 22-gauge wires in the amp and 18-gauge in the speakers and crossover?"

Him: "That's not important! Can't you hear, no FEEL, the difference?"

Sorry for the off-road trip there. Carry on!

6b6ae80b-839e-47c7-bd01-459c5ba9cd9c.jpg
The same applies to expensive speaker cables, then to stuff the signal through a fuse at the speaker end...
Also the are some who believe that for power needs, since there are miles (slight exaggeration) of Romex in your house, the way to go for power bars and other power distribution purposes in your stereo system, is that you should only use Romex... :)
 
Back
Top Bottom