• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What cartridges have you found to be the most pleasing for your Dual 1019?

bobspets

Well-Known Member
What cartridges have you found to be the most pleasing for your Dual 1019 have you found those same carts to fit equally well on other Duals?
 
Register to hide this ad
I prefer Shures in general, but I got a 1019 with a Pickering cart on it, and I had no reason to replace it. It sounded great on it. I would guess a Stanton is not different.
 
I'm not sure how similar the 1019 arm is to the 1219 in behaviour, but I'm running an Empire 6000v on my 1219 and love it.
 
There was no matching the tonearm to the cartridge when I bought my Dual 1219 but I had a Stanton 681EE on it that sounded very nice.

I just recently have had the opportunity to hear a Stanton again and it has a powerful sound compared to the other cartridges I listen to. Not quite the clarity but this cartridge is a nice sounding unit. The other cartridges are much more expensive MC designs and the Stanton is using a high quality stylus loaned by another AKer.
 
There was no matching the tonearm to the cartridge when I bought my Dual 1219 but I had a Stanton 681EE on it that sounded very nice.

I just recently have had the opportunity to hear a Stanton again and it has a powerful sound compared to the other cartridges I listen to. Not quite the clarity but this cartridge is a nice sounding unit. The other cartridges are much more expensive MC designs and the Stanton is using a high quality stylus loaned by another AKer.
Stanton 681 with a top stylus is a really lovely beast. If I can turn up a few more carriers for my 1219 I'm going to try mine on it for sure.
 
Dual turntables really love Shure cartridges: They frequently came with them stock.
My advice is to buy the highest grade Shure you can afford.
The M91ed is a great cart at a very nice price.
Move into the V15s and you'll never go back!!
 
I'm running a Shure m91 on my 1019 with the generic $13 stylus. I can't believe how nice a $13 stylus sounds with this setup. Been thinking about going the Jico SAS route, but I'm not in any hurry as I'm very pleased with it as is.

The only other cartridge I've tried on this table is the AT95E. It sounded decent, but not as smooth as the Shure.
 
I'm using a V-15 II with a Jico SAS stylus on my 1019. On my 701 and 1229Q turntables I use V-15 III DU's with the SAS stylus. Shures and Duals are a great fit.
 
Sure M91ED with a Jico... Too bad the 1019 is on the fritz now, I loved that combo. Meh... that's why we nutbars have three TTs in the house - so you always have something that works.
 
Has anybody tried a Grado on a Dual?
I used a Grado F (Black) for years with my 1228. I really liked it. I still preferred the Shure V15 III and if I still had the 1228, I think I'd use either a Shure or my Stanton 681 whose sound is more aggressive IMO.
 
Dual 1019

I've been running a Grado Green for a good while... sounds nice

I even liked the Denon DL160 on it yet most people wouldnt but that was a long time ago
 
I've used a Grado Green 1 on my 1019 and it sounds fine and tracks well. I'm currently going thru a Shure M44 MG phase and I'm quite impressed by it's drive and punch. Not the detail of a finer stylus such as the one on the M97 Xe but quite nice.
 
When I first bought had an M97 which I found out when I switched it, had a bad interconnect. I just started running a v15 IV with a sas stylus (i'm very impressed) its not really broken in and I was going to play with resistive and capacitive loading to see if there's more . Waiting for some things for that. Shure for sure.
 
Back
Top Bottom