• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What did you do with AV gear today?

Tronk

AKA Cheapo
Thinking it would be nice to see what members are doing with Home Theater systems, and possibly gain useful information from it.

I replaced some standard speaker wires with this 16/2 shielded wire.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190128_164151532_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190128_164151532_HDR.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 47
Register to hide this ad
I am actually using it as HT equipment. I have found some great deals on pieces that others have tossed and am using them in my master bedroom in a 7.1 system and as a system on my private patio off my master for another 7.1 experience when the mood is right.
 
my main Home Theater is being neglected ..
1. Because I have been listening to the vintage Stereo TECHNICS SA 800 & my OHM Acoustics . ..
And on Saturday we got a new ONKYO Surround Sound Receiver for the living room for my D9's & Acoustiflex model 12's and that will get some use in the next few weeks. .

20170315_165708.jpg

So after a few movies and tweaking I will do a firmware update then a few more movie's and report back.. ..
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20180125_004340993.jpg
    IMG_20180125_004340993.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 20170315_175921.jpg
    20170315_175921.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I got a Martin Logan soundbar a few weeks ago. I'm loosely considering finding a small sub to go with it--someone had a little Sunfire a few hours away, but once I saw it had a foam surround, that took it out of the running. I might connect one of my Chromecast Audio units to the extra digital input, or I may just use the NVidia Shield instead, although that means I would need the TV on all the time if I wanted to stream only music.
 
Boxed up the new Sony UBP-X1000ES bluray player with 1/2hr of time on it to be sent back. POS will play 10 seconds of music, then cut out for 1 second, repeat endlessly. Destroyed my confidence in Sony products.
 
Boxed up the new Sony UBP-X1000ES bluray player with 1/2hr of time on it to be sent back. POS will play 10 seconds of music, then cut out for 1 second, repeat endlessly. Destroyed my confidence in Sony products.
Might of just need a Firmware update
 
Still building mine.

Hung more isolation clips to decouple the ceiling, ran speaker wire in the wall and positioned outlets for the audio visual rack. The screen and projector are boxed and waiting patiently!
 
I watched the 5PM news through the TV speakers and read the newspaper while the connected surround system sat idly by, then went to the 2-channel setup. The HT gear is no slouch, I just like the 2 ch better.;)
 
Started season 3 of Daredevil on Netflix last night. So amazed by the PQ and the DD+ SQ. I truly feel bad for those like my FIL who had to watch TV on a 3 inch B&W TV with a screen magnifier.
 
Got an Fire tv stick 4k and plugged it into the back of the AVR, watched a prime series with the wife. Also listened to some organ music FLAC files, but I don't use the AVR for 2-channel.
 
Back
Top Bottom