• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What did you get for Christmas?

Romeo Wolf

Super Member
I'm starting this thread early in considerations of other's timezones (it could be the 24th for them already), and some of us open presents on that day. Share with us what you got, or what you got your wife for Christmas! :)
 
Register to hide this ad
Holding my breath!

Got my letter in early this year. Heard there might be some shortages.

Hope Santa has that new GPS system, he's reported as using.

Heard UPS/Purolator might be helping him out, along with the Post.

Not been expecting a lot this year...prices have really gone up.

Gift certificates are becoming more important...wonder why?


Let us not forget the orig "three gifts" that started out this sharing custom...a long time ago!


Q
 
I bought myself something I've been eyeing for a good while. I worked a lot of overtime so in my mind I justified the expense.
It's a signed and numbered print, 15/40, from artist Bob Dob. His adaptation of The Hatter and Cheshire Cat from Alice In Wonderland. It's tough to take a good picture due to lighting and reflections.

madnessonwall.jpg
 
A day off work. The old lady got her usual, a gift voucher to the store of her choice. She kept a hold of my last couple of Amazon purchases instead of attempting to guess what I might be listening to this week.
 
Not what I got but surprising the misses. Had a pillow made with a picture of a poodle mix we lost unexpectedly last August. When she took it out of the bag she only saw the back. Our daughter saw the front, teared up and said mama turn it around.

Said it was the best present ever. The smile says it all

IMG_2216.jpg
 
Merry Christmas to all on SH forums!!

A new NAD CD player... just haven't bought it yet. The old one crashed out - 12 years old. Guess they just don't make stereo gear like they used to.

Got the wife a really nice HP computer.

Kept the Xmas tree up all year, with ornaments & lights, so we didn't have to put one up this year. :)
 
Last edited:
index.php
 
Mighty fine looking fish!!

Thanks. I looked at it for about a month. I think it's 40 dollar price put off most buyers. Was my xmas gift to myself so a bit of a splurge. It's a mellow fish doesn't mess with the others. Between 3-4 inches, biggest in the tank. Was told it can get up to 8"
 
Last edited:
I got a C.Crane Skywave shortwave radio, very nice. Filled with all the features you can think of (except SSB & BFO but that's a different model).

20221224_234633.JPG

The other item I got worth mentioning is this 6-½" carbonneau woofer from a portable audio mixer. Unfortunately it's out of alignment but my brick & mortar store may be able to get it re-aligned. Giant magnet, good size 1-½" VC, very heavy.

20221225_001716.JPG
20221225_001553.JPG
 
I gave myself an early Christmas present a few weeks ago. I'd bought a digital to AV converter, so I could play TV music programmes on my "smart" TV through my vintage hi-fi, but "much was lost in the translation." So I bought this.
It took a bit of "fettling" to get it to sit on the brackets attached to the TV stand, as I had to extend the supports as they weren't long enough.
But the end result was worth it, as it hardly notices. I even managed to hide the cables.

P1060262.JPG
 
Well, like a lotta we old guys, socks. Several pairs. Plus an updated "high-tech" compass manufactured in Switzerland (I gotta dig into this thing a bit, but @ first blush it's cool).

Well, also like a lotta old guys, I got something for myself, which I'll be picking up after the turn of the new year, first weekend in 2023... so, like om Saturday 7 January... this:

1974 HONDA MODEL 250-G (NATO-SPEC'D MILITARY BIKE)
MOTO 1.JPG MOTO 2.JPG
MOTO 3.JPG

Includes rear and forward saddle bags and towing gear.

This will be my second of this model, I sold the first a couple of years ago to make room for a small 1961 DKW/Auto Union (i.e., Audi) "Munga" 4x4, but since decided I really need to have an "enduro" type military spex bike on hand for 2023. This one dropped from God: located 7 miles from me, priced WAY right, and so effin' easy to maintain / procure parts / etc. Destiny.

PS: Sign o' the times ... this one, w/ 21G km (original) on the clock @ a cost less than half of what I paid for the same model bike -- with ~ 40G km on the clock -- fouur years ago. I am seeing "asking prices" for all manner of motorcycles and (vintage) jeeps and other vehicles WAY down from where they were circa 2020 and earlier.
 
Back
Top Bottom