• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Got what I think is a pretty valid "peeve".

Did a search on this issue, and only the mention of "sticky" came up, so, must be good-to-go.


It's when you are working with really sticky CLEAR tape, usually the wide stuff that you seal the cardboard boxes with.

The tape breaks...and now, ya gotta find the beginning of the darn roll! :mad: And you look, and look, and...

Usually, you have to go for better light. Run your fingers over trying to find where the tape broke. Or, you either get another fresh tape, or get someone else to help out!

A time wasted, and a couple of months of life lost due to frustration.


And, I'll bet I'm the only one who has this tape search peeve!:D


Q
Whenever I'm done with the tape, I put a paper clip on the sticky side end, so it can't tape itself shut.
 
Whenever I'm done with the tape, I put a paper clip on the sticky side end, so it can't tape itself shut.


Darn that's a swell idea when finished! :thumbsup:

But, if you forget the "clip"...or ever find that allusive tape end when in the act of using it, esp if you have really short fingernails?

Q
 
Usually, you have to go for better light. Run your fingers over trying to find where the tape broke. Or, you either get another fresh tape, or get someone else to help out!
Yes, this used to drive me mad. So I bought one of those tape holder things that takes a roll of tape. It has a flat perforated cutting blade so when you tear the tape off the roll end sticks to the flat blade and you just lift it of and use again.
 
Just got done working a long day.

Peeve. Coworkers that have no regard for their fellow teammates.

A few of my coworkers were working on setting up a firewall in a new type of environment we'll be using to isolate cloud traffic on a private line to providers. That particular firewall was the first of a number of them we're presently installing in other locations. So they're new and no one really knows that much about them aside from the two guys that set them up. The two coworkers never announced that the new environment was going live.

Today, production traffic started going through that environment. Stuff wasn't working. Stuff that didn't seem to be associated with that environment wasn't working either. Early afternoon I found out that routing changes had taken place that diverted traffic to the new environment. The two guys that set it up took vacation. One was gone today, and the other didn't do crap before he cut out at five o'clock -- he'll be back on the 18th. The documentation my coworkers created is ****. It takes hours to figure things out that shouldn't take long - if there were proper documentation.

Personally, I feel a responsibility to my coworkers where when I work on something, it's properly documented and I also am available when it's rolled out so I can work on whatever problems might arise. Apparently that's not a shared sentiment on my team. I have a generally low opinion of the two that pulled this crap. It's not the first time they did things like this.

eh. Tomorrow will be as long as today, if not longer. I'm the backup on call, so it could be bad this weekend too.
 
I stream talk radio (both conservative and liberal) on my office computer.

I'm amazed that these people expect you to take what they say as gospel, then do commercials trying to sell you the most worthless sh*t on the market.
We have a good talk station WNIR also on the Webb ,good host some really smart callers , but the most fun are the dingbats that call in very entertaining !
 
Shaquille O'neal, Frank thomas, basically any athlete or former "famous" person shilling for crap. Jimmy JJ Walker??? eeek
NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and yea, I love me some Shatner, but REALLY??????
(P.S. I am blatantly upping my post count)
 
Shaquille O'neal, Frank thomas, basically any athlete or former "famous" person shilling for crap. Jimmy JJ Walker??? eeek
NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and yea, I love me some Shatner, but REALLY??????
(P.S. I am blatantly upping my post count)
Interesting that shatner apoered on Barnaby Jones as villian they drowned his wife and tried to make it look like an accident and his wife drowned in real life ! As Spock would say very curious ,
 
I have never been a fan of NBC news, but this morning the local affiliate did a 5 minute report on...............

better sit down.......

Plant Based Bacon
 
I've probably said it before but people that think that being in the merge lane gives them the right-of-way. And especially the people that match your speed while merging next to you, when spots are open in front and behind you, only to speed way up and swerve in and out of traffic once merged.
 
People that make extra noise when they yawn or sneeze. Adults yelling AHHHCHOOO when they sneeze is just beyond comprehension.

i do that when i'm home but not in public. it's much more satisfying and probably better for you than quenching it and blowing your eardrums out.

i like to let rip with ahhh-chew, not ahhhhchooo myself.
 
Back
Top Bottom