• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

i do that when i'm home but not in public. it's much more satisfying and probably better for you than quenching it and blowing your eardrums out.

i like to let rip with ahhh-chew, not ahhhhchooo myself.

There is just letting the sneeze out, which is good and there is the ones like the one guy at work that yells at the top of his lungs when he does it.
 
There is just letting the sneeze out, which is good and there is the ones like the one guy at work that yells at the top of his lungs when he does it.

my dad used to do that. when i do it, it feels natural. people that say ahhh-chewy are trying too hard.
 
Today's peeve, crappy yard sale signs. Write BIG, and put an arrow!

And additionally, bonus peeve-points for putting a yard sale sign on the main drag, and your sale is like 8 miles away. Look, pal, I'm trying to follow the Lincoln buy-way sale, and I ain't got time to follow signs all the way to Timbuktu, only to find a single card table full of baby clothes! If you aren't within a half-mile of an established block sale or street sale, don't pretend like you are a participant in said sale. And quit luring dopes like me into deliverance country lol.
 
The word "hack" misused as a techie / jargonie substitute for "tip", "hint", or "suggestion". A hack is when you get some technology - usually software - to work in a way that it was not intended to. A hack is editing a binary file so you don't need root privilege. A hack is clearing your cache so you can keep fine-tuning your bids on Priceline (I'm pretty sure they fixed this). A "hack" is not scooping the poop out of a litter box with a sifter.
 
Today's peeve- Speakers with mismatched driver styles. I'm not talking about speakers where somebody stuffed a car sub in later on. I'm talking about mismatched cone styles from the factory. Like this:

s-l400.jpg


Either you use black cones with silver dust caps for ALL the drivers, or white cones with black dust caps, or all black paper drivers, not ONE OF EACH. This has been driving me nuts for decades. I can see MAYBE the woofer being unique. But at least make the mids and tweets match. Unless they are different types, like domes, horns, etc. But if they are cones, they should match.
 
I've probably said it before but people that think that being in the merge lane gives them the right-of-way. And especially the people that match your speed while merging next to you, when spots are open in front and behind you, only to speed way up and swerve in and out of traffic once merged.

Yes, While towing my Loaded 26' toy hauler with my F150, on an interstate, in the Right lane
a small suv was trying to merge onto the high way .
I'm 100% sure he/she never saw that there was an 18 wheeler passing me on my left.
I maintained my 63 mph speed getting ready for the Rig to 1st suck me into him, then Push me away.
anyone who tow's a big trailer knows this. especially with a lightweight F150.
I Blasted my horn to the Suv as he was running out of ramp.
Of course I got the middle fingered salute. Go figure
 
Last edited:
Yes, While towing my Loaded 26' toy hauler with my F150, on an interstate, in the Right lane
a small suv was trying to merge onto the high way .
I'm 100% sure he/she never saw that there was an 18 wheeler passing me on my left.
I maintained my 63 mph speed getting ready for the Rig to 1st suck me into him, then Push me away.
anyone who tow's a big trailer knows this. especially with a lightweight F150.
I Blasted my horn to the Suv as he was running out of ramp.
Of course I got the middle fingered salute. Go figure
If they’d enforce merging laws and ticket people, then trucks could drive in the slow lane and traffic would flow better.
 
[QUOTE="invaderzim, post: If they’d enforce merging laws and ticket people,[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your statement invaderzim.

But
This gets me more as a Pet Peeve than people that never learned the rules of the Road.
Stepping back into Big rig driving, after a 40 yr long career change,
I just don't let stupid driving effect my state of mind, as I prepare to deal with the next condition I will encounter.
Especially when moving 80,000 pounds.
Making new laws, Rules and harsher enforcement,
Never fixes anything, except making things worse for those that do follow the Rules.
 
Back
Top Bottom