• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What was the last movie you watched?

Somewhat unanswered Q from 2049....

Why were the city streets so crowded?

I thought "everyone" was "off-worlding"...

...and that was kinda the whole point of replicants.

Much more sparsely populated in the original.
There were quite a few replicants living in LA in "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep." Even had a police force.
 
Watched War Machine (2026) on Netflix last night - and because it was so derivative,
and because Emma had never seen it, we watched Predator (1984) afterwards.
Arnold, Carl Weathers, and Jesse Ventura!
I recalled watching Predator when it was first run in a Md theatre that is no more ...
(The Allen Theatre, Takoma Park, MD)
queue the Final Jeopardy Theme

What 80’s sci-fi/action blockbuster movie features not just one, but two future state governors?
 
The Man Who Would Be King
- Rudyard Kipling
adapted by John Huston
The_Man_Who_Would_Be_King.jpg
 
"The Odyssey." https://www.imdb.com/title/tt33764258/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_1_tt_5_nm_2_in_0_q_The o

Very long and dense movie; I suspect you would still catch new things on a third viewing. The last hour is the best.

If it's been fifty-plus years since you read it or learned about Greek mythology, I'd recommend you look at the IMDB page and learn the names and actors of the top ten characters before you see it. That will make it easier to follow. John Leguizamo is very good in this one.

I saw it in a non-IMAX theater and it was fine, but IMAX probably would have been even better.
 
The Warriors
(Hill, 1979)

So yeah, about the 50the time I have seen it, but the first time with the comic book (between scenes) deal.

It holds up and I still love The Baseball Furies + actor/stuntman Jerry Hewitt in the role of The Baseball Furies Leader aka The Guy In My Avatar.
 
The Warriors
(Hill, 1979)

So yeah, about the 50the time I have seen it, but the first time with the comic book (between scenes) deal.

It holds up and I still love The Baseball Furies + actor/stuntman Jerry Hewitt in the role of The Baseball Furies Leader aka The Guy In My Avatar.
I saw it once, late night on MTV when they had mostly music videos. Liked it, your guy was suitably scary. I should see it again.
 
The Warriors
(Hill, 1979)

So yeah, about the 50the time I have seen it, but the first time with the comic book (between scenes) deal.

It holds up and I still love The Baseball Furies + actor/stuntman Jerry Hewitt in the role of The Baseball Furies Leader aka The Guy In My Avatar.
David Patrick Kelly was my fav. so creepy. ( "Warriors, come out to play-ay!") and the clinking bottles.

.
 
Back
Top Bottom