• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

This is the second FX-Audio Tube-01 preamp I've purchased. An amazing audio bargain at $31 when I bought the first one a couple of years ago and the price hasn't changed. This one is on my screen porch driving a TPA3116 amp powering Axiom Algonquins and a Marcato passive sub underneath.

Rocking on the back porch with my wife, a glass of wine, good music, and the ability to request the next tune from Alexa makes sheltering in place quite enjoyable. Life is good y'all.

P1010003 3.jpeg
 
I bought an amazing Pioneer Elite PD-54 CD player, with the "stable platter" mechanism, remote, original box and packing material, in absolute mint condition. The only thing wrong with it is the optical output which doesn't seem to function. Other than that, it is amazing :banana::)
 
Ive got stuff due to arrive tomorrow (JVC RX-992V TOTL Home Theater receiver),Tuesday (JVC RX-815V TOTL Home Theatre receiver), and Wed (Bel Canto DAC1). It is possible I may also be buying another amp by Wed as well. This is probably the most stereo action Ive ever had in such a short time period. I also got an Arcam C30 about a week ago and probably a couple other pieces in the past 3 months or so that dont come to mind. Yes, I have a problem and storage is becoming a problem. But it could be much worse. Been there, done that.
 
Last edited:
I replaced the stock OEM output tubes in my Little Dot MKII with a matched pair of Novosibirsk 6N6's. They are an easily audible upgrade.
 
I keep seeing this chip mentioned. Is this the class-D chip to look for?
In terms of SQ vs cost, yes i think so.

It's not the last word in power by any means.

My application is in an off grid situation with plenty of 12 VDC available. In this specific instance the power requirement was a big consideration.
 
AA55DACC-D56B-4ED7-8ADD-0E9ACEBA2A7D.jpeg

I dont like to be pushy and have never asked anyone to double box, but if you ever get that “hunch” (which I totally did) that maybe the seller has no clue how to box heavier stereo equipment, say something. As soon as a saw the “box” (one of those homemade jobbies made from a larger piece of cardboard), I knew it was gonna be ugly. Padding was 34 plastic grocery bags with about 10 on the bottom and it shook around in the box like a rattle. The top is also bulging like the caps on my NAD 2700. Hrummph. I dont even want this JVC RX-815V now and am hoping I can return it.
 
Back
Top Bottom