• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's British in your system?

Vintage UK speakers. A pair of KEF Concords, first generation, auditioned and purchased new October 30, 1970.
Leak 2030 speakers. Purchased for $8 Cdn at a local Goodwill c2008 - in great shape and sounded better.
Leak 2060 speakers. Bought in 2018 private sale nearby.

I can find very few examples of my KEF Concords on the internet and wonder if they were assembled in Quebec from components supplied by KEF but were not widely distributed outside of Canada. If anyone knows I would appreciate any information.

The Kefs won a 3 way audition on that night 52 years ago.(!!!) We had a pr of Leak Sandwiches which we liked most but were too expensive for our budget. The third pr were Celestion Ditton 30 series which we liked the least. We kept the KEFs as the best trade off between sound and value. I was 10. I can't imagine being allowed to go home with 3 pairs of speakers and two sets of stereo separates these days but people were more trusting and trustworthy back then. Maybe Dad dropped a huge security deposit for them. He never told me.

Cheers.
 
Wow, it occurred to me recently that I own (and previously owned) a lot of British gear.

My current main two channel rig includes:

Musical Fidelity kW line preamplifier (purchased used)
PS Audio DL3 DAC (purchased used)
REGA PS1 turntable (purchased used)
ARCAM DV137 disc player (purchased used)

Previous setups included:

LINN MAJIK integrated amplifier (sold on to a new home)
KEF 102 speakers with the KUBE (sold on to a new home)
ARCAM FMJ CD23T disc player (sold on to a new home)
Cambridge Audio Azur 752BD Universal Disc Player (demo model)
Cambridge Audio Azur 751R AV receiver (demo model)
NAD 7240pe Receiver (2 different times) if you count NAD as "British".
 
Last edited:
Audiolab 8000S (vintage, from the 90s)
Wharfedale Linton Heritage. I know Wharfedale belongs to a Chinese group now, but it seems that the design is entirely British. And the sound is, indeed.
Musical Fidely X-Canv3.
 
Mission 753 floor standing speakers
Mordaunt Short MS208 floor standing speakers
Monitor Audio BR5 floor standing speakers
Goodmans Achromat Kappa stand speakers
B&W DM23 stand speakers
Rogers LS2 book shelf speakers
Accoustic Research AR-4XA book shelf speakers
A&R A60 Integrated Amplifier
Exposure X Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge Azur 751bd Blu ray/sacd player

I reckon there are a few I have missed.
 
Last edited:
Main system:

Naim NAC 152xs

Naim NAP 155xs

Naim CD5

Naim Flatcap 2

Linn K20 speaker cable

Chord Interconnects


Gear not in use:

Nytech CA-202

Rega P1

Rega Mira 3

Rega RS1

Rega Planet

Naim NAP 90/3

Naim NAC 92

Naim Flatcap

B&W DM11 (2 pair)

Mission 710 (white baffle with Siare woofers)

Monitor Audio MA-8

Quad 33

Quad 303
 
I'll add to the mix here a Rega Planar 6, Rega Fono MM Mk5, Cambridge CXA81. The speakers are all-American though (JBL Studio 590s).
 
As of today ... everything! (With the usual disclaimers)

Creek A50iR Integrated Amp
Creek phono stage (optional, installed on-board)
Creek Evolution 50 CD Transport & DAC
Rega P3/Exact
Epos Epic 3
 
Well I‘m going to revive this old thread because I would like to.

From what I have read in some of the 72 pages of this thread, NAD is considered British by many people and AK members. So that means I will include mine…

NAD 7140
NAD 1700
NAD 2400
NAD 2700 x 2
NAD C270 x 2
NAD C245BEE
NAD PP2E

Cambridge T500 tuner
Chord Mojo
Chord SPM 800

Kef 102 with Kube
Kef 107 with Kube

I think that’s about all my British gear,..
 
Probably been awhile since I put my Brit-fi on here, although I don't think any of it has changed for a good while.

Croft Acoustics Micro 25 Preamp
Croft Acoustics Series 7 amplifiers x 2
Naim Nait XS3 Integrated
Naim ND5XS2 Streamer
Naim NACA5 cabling
Linn K20 cabling

That is about it, the rest is from Germany, Japan, Sweden and Slovenia.
 
Back
Top Bottom