• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's in your Garage? AK Car Show!

Discovered how all those seals and bushings crapped out on my wife's Toyota recently. Rack and pinion was replaced by someone with a lift and a warranty. My days of sliding under vehicles is way back in the rearview mirror. 60k on an '05 seemed worth it.
It's probably not much fun taking that steering rack out and replacing it, especially on a front-wheel drive car. Plenty of stuff in the way and lots of power-steering fluid dripping on your face when you're trying to wrestle that thing out of there. :)

Murray
 
Sorry, no pictures in the actual garage but here are my submissions.

I've been building this one for a few years, 2010 Subaru STI track car. The pictures was taken coming out of turn 3B at pacific raceways in Kent Wa. It still has the stock interior except for the drivers seat, necessary to be class legal for time attack and hill climb. The engine has been radically improved as well as all of the suspension.

8.Coming out of 3B-2.jpg


My team's 1989 RX-7 in the paddock at The ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton Wa. We are currently competing in the Lucky Dog ace series. This one is fully gutted and caged. It has half the HP of my Subaru but it's less than half the weight and is few10ths quicker on the same tracks.

Atomic Wankel.jpg
 
Last edited:
I used to have one of those, and loved driving it. Old age pushed me into trading it for an SUV which is easier to get in and out of.
And also to see out of. I had a Hyundai SUV as a loaner and when I went back to the 3er wagon, it was really noticeable how low you sit. Fun to squeal around curves, not so much odd roadways at night.
 
I used to have one of those, and loved driving it. Old age pushed me into trading it for an SUV which is easier to get in and out of.
You really wouldn't like my C4 Corvette then!

Getting in is like dropping yourself to the ground. Kinda makes sense because when seated, it feels like your butt is about one cheeseburger high off the ground! LOL!

It's a bear to get in and out of, but probably the most comfortable car I have once seated. You're basically sitting in a recliner seat, which is the more comfortable position for my back. It's just the in/out process that's a problem. I think I'll be rigging up a hoist/lift system for my old bod to get in/out before I get rid of the Vette....
 
@tourmax I think you would find ingress/egress much better in the newer C5 or C6 as well as comfort and performance...But if operating on a budget the C4 cant be beat!!!
 
C5, best Corvette after 2000. New body, easy ingress and egress. Still a sports cars. Everything after gets complaints about being distant from a true sports cars...too luxurious.
 
@tourmax I think you would find ingress/egress much better in the newer C5 or C6 as well as comfort and performance...But if operating on a budget the C4 cant be beat!!!
Nah, I’m happy with my C4. Was one of those cars from high school for me, so its probabky more nostalgia than performance.

Although, this thing feels a heck of a lot stronger than its 245 hp (rated) would lead you to believe.

It will light up both rear tires up to around 30 mph. Jam the loud pedal and they break loose.

Its got the 700R4 auto and 3.45 rear (Z52 option package, basically a lighter springed Z51) and I can get second gear rubber if I keep my foot in it for the shift. I swear I could almost get third gear rubber, but have yet to ring its neck hard enough to find out. When you’re floored and getting second gear rubber, you’re going pretty fast by the time 3rd hits and I’m usually lifting well before that. Public streets and all that…not to mention, this is our Sunday day trip car. The missus doesn’t go in for all that male adrenalin stuff…

Its probably the 345 lb/ft that the TPI crowds all low down in the rpm range that makes it feel more powerful than the number would have you believe.

Lower hp, high torque. Torque is what makes and engine fun. I could care less how much ho it makes when the torque is this much fun.

Sure, it runs out of breath above 4500-5000 rom, but I just don’t use this car in that range much. for me and the way I use this car, TPI matches nearly perfectly.

That I paid less than 10 G for it is just icing on the cake.

Most people run down the C4’s as low performance based on the specs, having never owned one. The bench racers can tell you what a C4 ISN’T, I can tell you what it IS.

And what it is, is FUN!

:)
 
Last edited:
@turnitdown @Joe Nardy has a C6 Grand Sport with a manual trans and dry sump oiling 466hp v-8. Basically a more livable Zo6....Sure gives a C5 a challenge.... Then again costs more than twice the price of a C5....

Yep! I have no problem with anyone else's choice in vehicles, but I think the C6 Grand Sport 'Vette is a great bang-for-the-buck choice. Obviously, I'm somewhat biased....


IMG_20220702_100809038_HDR.jpg


IMG_20220702_100834496_HDR.jpg


IMG_20220702_100849959_HDR.jpg


IMG_20220702_100900938_HDR.jpg

Thanks,
Joe
 
As previously posted on A/K.
Late October 2003 purchased BMW Z8 Alpina Roadster #513, out of 555 total manufactured in Germany somewhere.
A fun and pretty fast car to drive, with a 3 or 4 times maxed out speed of 150 mph.
Interesting to do with the use of only 1 functioning arm/hand hanging on to the legal grade steering wheel knob, especially with the top down !DSCN0090.JPG
 
Back
Top Bottom