• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Listening to sound clips of various electric basses.... Such as Sadowsky, Fodera, MTD, and Roscoe.

I'm a 'has been' cover band bassist, and I enjoy hearing the tone differences of various instruments.
 
Good stuff :)

So yesterday brought a pair of Phillips 9600's. I tried them out and they are not my cup of tea, The music is there, but does not feel as "dynamic" in some way... Sort of "flat" sounding (not off-note, but plain...). These will be going to my nephew for Christmas. They come with an alternate cord with a short boom mic. So he can use them for gaming :rflmao:

Also have some ONE Odio's (OO's). Both the Phillips and the OO's present well from materials and design point of view. The Phillips are bigger and fit well over/around the ear. The OO's are smaller and rounder, so definitely "on ear". Of the two, the Phillips 9600's are better sounding. I think the OO's will go to my niece for Christmas :rolleyes:

I also found a pair of Sony MDR V6's in a box in the shop attic. I think these were pretty good, back in the day. Cushions were trashed. But I plugged them in and they sound OK (test) on both sides with Cowboy Junkies - A Common Tragedy.

So new cushions ordered. I suspect they will be in the hunt for "good enough" for something to take on the road w the laptop ...
 
Last edited:
So I got the new cushions on the Sony MDR V6's and they sound worse sealed to the ear. The highs are strident, the mids are pulled back and the bass is OK. So a definite "smile" on the eq curve from the factory. I put those things away back in the 80's. I guess even then they were too much for me ...

I've been using the Fio FT-1's for my PC listening and Audacity editing. They excel at that.

On the stereo, they are not quite up to the Sennheiser HD6xx. But not much is below a $1K ...
 
Well, not tonight, but currently streaming a bunch of Steely Dan, through Beyer Dynamics DT1990 Pro phones, an SMSL SP200 amp, fed by an un-named Chinese Ladder DAC with Supercap power supply... :)
 

Attachments

  • 20260101_123819.jpg
    20260101_123819.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 7
Tears From My Eyes.
Off UB40's Labour Of Love II. Virgin (USA). 1-91324. Specialty pressing. 1989.
Run-out: ST VR 897663-A FUTURE DISC T.B SRC

15293cea-cde1-4ca8-9278-b43926a00ae4.jpg
 
I'm listen to Santana on the following: Beyer Dynamic DT1990 Pro phones, Topping D70 DAC, and a brand new headphone amp- a Topping L70... Truly excellent sound! :)
 

Attachments

  • 20260110_132811.jpg
    20260110_132811.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom