• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Once I switched to streaming services (currently AMHD) exclusively, I've enjoyed having my PC/server not being on 24/7. Not looking to use a bunch of different apps/programs to stream AMHD when I find their app works the best for, well, AMHD. ;)

Yep, me too. Not sure this thing supports HD from Amazon right now, but have sent queries to a couple of different places. Will update if/when I get any responses.

For those who are still doing the local NAS thing, though, this definitely supports up to 24/192.
 
Wow! What a great price! Does it do HiRes?

Check out the user manual and PartsExpress links chicks posted earlier. Both state that it does 24/192k.

The KEiiD shows up in HiFi Cast as "WiiMu LinkPlayer V01-Nov 29 2019". Google found this, which is probably the common module used by all these similar devices:

https://fccid.io/2AAPP-A31/User-Manual/15-A31-UserMan-pdf-3034717

Which brings us to Parts Express:

https://www.parts-express.com/linkp...ps-192khz-24bit-digital-audio-module--321-110

And their Hi-Fly app, and off-the shelf version of this device:

https://www.parts-express.com/dayto...amer-with-ir-remote-and-app-control--300-5770

The Dayton Hi-Fly app is just another version of the same.
 
Once I switched to streaming services (currently AMHD) exclusively, I've enjoyed having my PC/server not being on 24/7. Not looking to use a bunch of different apps/programs to stream AMHD when I find their app works the best for, well, AMHD. ;)

I agree 1000%. They work fine for what I am doing... listening to music :dunno:.

Edit: and not playing with programs ;)
 
If I were just starting out in digital music I would definitely give this a test run. It's inexpensive and has a lot functionality. I would just use the analog out into my pre-amp which has it own remote control. So I would keep the digital volume control at 100%.

Right now though my digital front end is rock solid so I see no need to change. I also listen to a lot of live recordings that are not on any of the subscription services so I still need my own library.

Maybe if they sell enough of these and the firmware is open source someone will create a plugin for LMS like they did for the CCA. The price is certainly right to sell a boat load of these...

I am very interested to see how many AK'ers adopt this unit. :trebon:
 
If I didn't have a BlueSound I'd be all over this. And yes, the BlueSound app (as you noted) is crap. But it does stream Spotify over wifi with no issues.

Thanks @chicks for posting your findings.
 
With the Deco WiFi app, I'm able to get a rough idea about the bitrate being consumed by the KEiiD vs Sonos when playing Amazon's "Ultra HD" Jazz playlist, starting with Miles Davis' "All Blues". The Sonos, which will pull CD bitrate FLAC, averages about 0.8Mbps, about right for a FLAC compressed CD stream. The KEiiD averages about 0.3Mbps, so it's obviously only supporting the AAC/MP3 stream from Amazon. So, while it will do 24/192 via DLNA, it doesn't yet support Amazon's "Ultra HD". Perhaps a firmware update will allow this in the future...
 
Another company that uses this same infrastructure (apparently originally for the Muzo Cobblestone) is Arylic. I didn't buy their version, as their cheaper product doesn't have optical or RCA out, but they do have a wide range of devices.

https://www.arylic.com/products/s10-wireless-preamplifier

Of particular interest to me is their DIY boards, which, like Sonos speakers, can be split into Left or Right channels of a stereo pair. A pair of high quality speakers, each with one of these and a mono amp, would be a fun DIY project!

https://www.arylic.com/products/up2stream-miniv2-receiver-board
I ordered s10 preamp and now wait to get it.
I was in a doubt should I pick up2stream or s10. On is DIY friendly , which I want to declare as, but another is more user friendly, remote, and in housing and support Tidal. I am a bit tired with making housing for my devices so I decided to try first with s10. And already regret as up2stream is more versatile and can be connected to external DAC (over I2S ). It wouldn't be strange if I order it also:rflmao:

I can post my opinions after I try, if there are any interest into it here.
 
I ordered s10 preamp and now wait to get it.
I was in a doubt should I pick up2stream or s10. On is DIY friendly , which I want to declare as, but another is more user friendly, remote, and in housing and support Tidal. I am a bit tired with making housing for my devices so I decided to try first with s10. And already regret as up2stream is more versatile and can be connected to external DAC (over I2S ). It wouldn't be strange if I order it also:rflmao:

I can post my opinions after I try, if there are any interest into it here.

Would be interesting to see if it supports Tidal FLAC streams, or only the lossy...
 
Now I stream Tidal from Windows computer to Apple Airport Express and Audio Alchemy dac. Normal files are not played. Only HiFi. Is it possible to use iTunes to play Tidal on AirPort? Does anybody know?
 
With the Deco WiFi app, I'm able to get a rough idea about the bitrate being consumed by the KEiiD vs Sonos when playing Amazon's "Ultra HD" Jazz playlist, starting with Miles Davis' "All Blues". The Sonos, which will pull CD bitrate FLAC, averages about 0.8Mbps, about right for a FLAC compressed CD stream. The KEiiD averages about 0.3Mbps, so it's obviously only supporting the AAC/MP3 stream from Amazon. So, while it will do 24/192 via DLNA, it doesn't yet support Amazon's "Ultra HD". Perhaps a firmware update will allow this in the future...
Even though I only subscribe to Spotify any streamer I want in my system has to be able to play both Tidal and Qobuz at their highest resolution for when I make the jump to light speed.

I tried both Tidal and Qobuz's free trials and they both sound much better than Spotify but the 5 accounts for $15 is holding me back. For now...

I imagine in a few weeks or months KEiid will have that capability.
 
Back
Top Bottom