• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Worst Albums Ever Bought

To each his own... I have th' exact opposite feelings... never got much Jad Fair (ditto Wesley Willis or Daniel Johnston) but I dig me some Wiggins... got BOTH elpees and the tribute CD that came out a few years ago... They DO somethin' to me (2,3,4). As far as bad music goes, you gotta have an appreciation for BAD music so that you can really appreciate GOOD music. And yes, I used to work a really cool record store (Record Archive in Rochester NY). Needless to say, the experience damaged me... :music:

I have that and I love it.

There are two really, really awful bands, though, that even I can't deal with. The Shaggs are one. I admit I do like "my pal foot foot," but there are some songs on that one album of theirs I simply cannot make myself enjoy no matter how hard i try. Even slapping myself repeatedly and calling myself a ninny and a mama's boy does not help. Do. Not. Want.
 
Those Cheapo Compilation CD's they sell at best buy and wallmart and now even Kmart.. You know those ones sung buy "the coundown singers,or some other Session singers which do covers of Hits and try to imitate the original artists... They suck the emotion out of it.. If the singers came out with an album that allowed them to be known as individual people seice the "countdown singers" are a cover band/singing group.. then people wouldn't think theyre being cheated after the listen and then read the Tiny print at the bottom edge of the CD case.. :eek:

it theyre studio exectives allowed them to sing their own versions of the song it would be better.. too

Another contestand is the "drews famous" CD's they sell at "Deal$"/dollar tree... Some of those people sing so cheesy... even though spome of the singers do a better job singing the song than the original artist..

Even WORSE Is kidz BOP I have NEVER EVER bought any of these and NEVER EVER WILL! :nono: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
 
I've got a collection of audio detritus like this; every now and then I get together with a friend and we put together a "Shlock Hop." My specialty of late is Children's records... incredibly hard to find in playable condition!
:beatnik:

I love finding stuff that really sucks, things like Bill Shatner or Leonard Nimoy singing. Strange things like Hammond Organ demo records, instructional discs, or bands no one has ever heard of (and for good reason). To me these sorts of things qualify as great records, and they're huge fun at parties.
 
I've also come to despise the CD "Greatest Hits" compilations of Artists who re-record their catalog for a new label. Just picked up a Coaster's CD with some awful versions of their songs recorded by a 70's era version of the band in dinky Rahweh New Jersey studio (led by surviving Coaster Carl Gardner). There are about 10 different versions of this CD floating around, the one I picked up sounds as if it was duped off of a record with a hunk of paper embedded in the vinyl. The ONLY redeeming quality of the CD was the inclusion of "It Ain't Sanitary," "TV Fanatic" and "Detergent. " However, those songs fall into the "so bad they're good" category. Exceptions: the "Greatest Hits Live" release, which used to be obligatory whenever a 50's artist signed a new contract with a 60's label. :D

Those Cheapo Compilation CD's they sell at best buy and wallmart and now even Kmart.. You know those ones sung buy "the coundown singers,or some other Session singers which do covers of Hits and try to imitate the original artists... They suck the emotion out of it.. If the singers came out with an album that allowed them to be known as individual people since the "countdown singers" are a cover band/singing group.. then people wouldn't think they're being cheated after the listen and then read the Tiny print at the bottom edge of the CD case.. :eek:
 
Last edited:
My specialty of late is Children's records... incredibly hard to find in playable condition!
:beatnik:

You ain't kidding bro - I've been buying them for my g-daughter and whoa! but I guess we did the same.

It has been a source of amazingly bad records though. Mickey Mouse Disco isn't the worst! :no:

Pete
 
Lessons learned from trolling for Kid's vinyl... "watch out, watch out for Goofy, he's a disco demolition!"

But seriously, there is some great stuff out there if you look for it. I've been searching for old Mr. Rogers vinyl and other PBS CTW product. It will be worth something someday!

You ain't kidding bro - I've been buying them for my g-daughter and whoa! but I guess we did the same.

It has been a source of amazingly bad records though. Mickey Mouse Disco isn't the worst! :no:

Pete
 
In recent memory (say the last 2 or 3 years), hands down winner is/was Ed Harcourt~ From Every Sphere, some Flavor Of The Week indie moper that I bought based on a review somewhere- a huge, steaming pile. I was actually embarrassed for the guy.
 
for me it has to be a Billy Thorpe album...not the one with children of the sun...something after and it sucked. don't have it anymore...wonder why?
 
I was always looking for that lp...darnit. I heard a couple of tracks off of it on a sampler and I have never seen that record anywhere. ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Charles Manson, LIE-Love & Terror Cult.

I bought it just for collectible reasons & put it away as soon as i played it once,every last song is total garbage & its been back in storage ever since.

Ever try and find out if this record has any real monetary value?
I would think, given Charlies notoriety, it might be worth a lot to someone, or just in general?
 
for me it has to be a Billy Thorpe album...not the one with children of the sun...something after and it sucked. don't have it anymore...wonder why?

Probably East of Eden's Gate; and "sucked" is being far too generous.
 
"The Main Event" by Sinatra. 1975 live concert, with Frank on the cover looking like a prize fighter out on the town. And just like an aging boxer, he didn't know when to hang up the gloves. This record is notable for him singing the Jim Croce hit "Bad Bad Leroy Brown", with Frank singing "baddest cat in the whole damn town" Too cheesy for words. But I'm a big Sinatra fan, so I had to have it.
You ain't heard nothin' til you hear his disco versions of "Night and Day" and "All or Nothing at All".:thmbsp::D
 
sqdlvr said:
...and a bunch of TV People trying to sing i.e. Kristy & Jimmy McNichol, Joey Travolta, Cheryl Ladd, Lynda Carter...

Lynda Carter doesn't need to sing, just breathe... I became a "Partners in Crime" fan just for the pleasure of watching her and Loni Anderson not fall over forward.... :D
 
Elvis Sings For Children (And Grownups Too!). Its so horrible its spectacular. Hearing old fat Elvis doing Old MacDonald is quite worth the price of admission.
 
Back
Top Bottom