• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Write a Limerick

The limerick, an Irish rhyme
Specific in verse and time
Talented weave in French
Sitting on the breakfast bench
Making others Google the line


My Kenwood sings so fine
Bits and bytes keep in time
I crank it to ten
The sun dims again
Paul Klipsch grins with the win

And the last line there was actually going to be
PW Klipsch grins with a bullshit button inside his coat to annoy any non believers that he and only he can make a sound wave properly leave a corner set speaker with horns
But I digress
 
Old Dan had some terrible habits
Taking unfair advantages, damn it!
I think perhaps pain
Whips leather and chains
Might teach him to ask 'fore he grabs it!


(revised AK version)
 
Back in high school as I reflect on it
Typing class had the IBM Selectric
Distracted by the girl at the next chair
My buddy and I would smirk and stare
Then open to the lesson "1. Sit Erect" ..Kid

**I might of had two many beers last night when I wrote this and did not follow the correct cadence. So I reworked it.
 
Last edited:
Cubs' opponents would rightfully jeer
"They will fold when the Series is near."
This year they stayed in
Till a tenth-inning win.
Maybe Cleveland can do it next year.
 
This morning I almost had to shout.
My smile had turned into a pout.
My spare hangers were missing.
"Who took them?" I said hissing.
Now my shirts have no where to hang out.
 
There once was a team called the Cubs,
long plagued by collapses and flubs.
After years of failure and not pleasing,
they won the world series this season,
putting an end to the other fans' teasing.


John
(not a Cubs fan but seemed like the right time to recognize)
 
Back
Top Bottom