• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Write a Limerick

Don't panic, no need for alarm'a
It's me again, I'm a real charm'a
See I've been reading this book by Kerouac
Pondering my life, or should I say lack
Ruminating on the Road to Audio Dharma
 
Last edited:
The son of my neighbour has passed away,
A smart and precious boy in any way,
I hugged his mother
Like nobody other
What an incredibly depressing day.
 
My thoughts go out to you, Chris, and to his family. It shows how brief life can be.

Be happy when you wake up each day
be positive and enjoy your stay.
Life goes by much too fast
Live well, make it last
for tomorrow you may slip away.
 
Last edited:
And so the thread continues,
with limericks from here or other venues.
While neither is automatically best,
both kinds must withstand the test,
of the readers that come here to peruse.

John
 
Beer may be good in Oktoberfest,
But I think in summer it's the best.
In southern Arizona here,
That's eight months of the total year,
But you still can drink it in the rest.
 
In New Hampshire there are four seasons.
Snow and leaves falling are two reasons.
Every three months sees changes
And wardrobe rearranges.
So we're not too hot or left freezin'.
 
Thsi doesn't qualify as my writing a limerick, but:

CBS Sunday morning today was devoted to a retrospective of Charles Osgood's 22 years there, as he is leaving the show (to be replaced by Jane Pauley).

He offered this (or something like it, as I don't remember the exact words):

There once was a comely young lass
Who hailed from New Bedford Mass.
She stepped from the shore
And walked out some more
Til the water came up to her knees.

Some people complain this doesn't rhyme, but it will when the tide comes in.
 
Back
Top Bottom