• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha B-1 Alert

I kind of wondered if that was the case, thats why I don't like making assumptions about sellers based on watching auctions. I thought you might have purchased it since right after the auction you PM'd me looking for a copy of the service manual. And then I noticed that you also contacted Avionics trying to find a manual. Well the seller should have accepted your money as I doubt he will get that much this time around.
 
ok.
I was the crazy who put down the money...
i know...please no comment:nono:
some will understand why

BE CAREFULL PLEASE DO NOT BID

didn t pay ??? hum....he is liing obviously....

I bought his B2 and B1.
2290 dollars send trough paypal ON HIS ACCOUNT
then i arrange to ship with my friend 's fedex account in GERMANY.(i am in france)
then 3 days later when everything is organized, shipping organized , with label printed the guys is then telling me he went to fed ex and realize that the money was coming from France and that the shipment is made to Germany
and he is SCARED TO DO IT and want to give me my money back
I called him. not able to change his mind.
Sending me my money back....then 5 days later put TWO FU***** unpaid item on ebay ...
anyone would have a nor to reach ebay ? don t know what to do ... so stupid....unbelivable....:D:D:D

This does not explain the seller's decision to have a technician assess the B1/UC1.I would think that the above poster,who claims that he won the auction and paid,but got a refund,dodged a bullet.

The purchaser paid,the vendor of broken goods appears to have been worried that he was being scammed.The discrepency between the payment country and the Fedex account country spooked him.He was not going to tell someone who was sending him $US1500+ that the amp didn't work, but he was worried about being scammed.

The buyer dodged a bullet.

I wonder how much the reassessed B1 will fetch?
 
:lurk:

Thats alot of money..I don't think I'd be to crazy about that shipping arrangement either.
 
Last edited:
:lurk:

Thats alot of money..I don't think I'd be to crazy about that shipping arrangement either.


Yeah thats true, but then I would maybe go to the second chance offer to see if the guy below the high bidder wanted it. Overall that whole auction seems to be nothing but a tangled web of problems. Bill you should watch the item maybe now it won't get much interest I am sure it has quite a few parts that a person like you could use, and who knows, you might be able to fix it. And something still seems fishey, I have had Fedex, UPS, and Airborne express accounts when they were in buisness and the buyer could have had his friend use his Fedex account and have had it drop shipped to France not Germany! His friend would have had to pay the freight bill but the buyer could have sent his friend the funds to cover the Fedex cost. I have many times had items shipped on my account and not shipped to me but to any adress I requested. I don't think the person who that has an item picked up has anyway of knowing the persons account which is used to pay for the shipping.
 
Last edited:
I really don t understand why he refused to send them.
he had the money. was paid 1 day after auction closed. strange.
WHAT A WASTE of time...
 
Per the seller:

PayPal just requires that any item be sent to the address on the PayPal account, otherwise there is just no type of seller protection in case the buyer states that the amp never arrived, as it wouldn't have been shipped to the confirmed address that was on the payment.
 
I really don t understand why he refused to send them.
he had the money. was paid 1 day after auction closed. strange.
WHAT A WASTE of time...

Pw you couldn't just have had your friend use his Fedex account to have them shipped to France, your address? As long as the shipping address is the same as the paypals account it doesn't matter who pays for the shipping. The problem is if he had the money in his account, the buyer (you) could have disputed it on ebay claiming you never received the item than Paypal would take the money back out of his account, would be pretty hard for him to prove you actually received them so he would have been out both the amp and the money.
 
Last edited:
I really don t understand why he refused to send them.
he had the money. was paid 1 day after auction closed. strange.
WHAT A WASTE of time...

The first time the seller listed this amp he said, "and I have not tested it other than powering it on with the standard 120 U.S. voltage, and you can hear it power on, and it is sold as is." and now he's saying, "and with me not being able to test it out, I had a person test it for me. He found that it is blowing the Right & Left fuses,"

I'm thinking the seller did you a big favour by not completing the sale and if it were me I'd rather have my time wasted up front rather than finding out later that I wasted both my time and my money on an amp that doesn't work and is very expensive to have fixed. :thmbsp:
 
The first time the seller listed this amp he said, "and I have not tested it other than powering it on with the standard 120 U.S. voltage, and you can hear it power on, and it is sold as is." and now he's saying, "and with me not being able to test it out, I had a person test it for me. He found that it is blowing the Right & Left fuses,"

I'm thinking the seller did you a big favour by not completing the sale and if it were me I'd rather have my time wasted up front rather than finding out later that I wasted both my time and my money on an amp that doesn't work and is very expensive to have fixed. :thmbsp:

Plus there is a pair for sale in Barter Town for sell, that work perfect for less money I would subcribe and buy those!
 
The B1 like any amp, could be bridged, but I would not recommend it. The V Fets do have 10 amp rail fuses as one form of protection, but because FETs must be actively turned off to be anything other than a short circuit, the Yamaha design includes fast rail switches to disconnect the power supply from the V FETs if any trouble is detected. In most cases, fuse blowing is a failure of these rail switches, not the V FETs themselves. The average technician will be lost trying to evaluate a B1. I've read through this thread enough to be certain that the B1 has repair issues. Perhaps if you all view it as a UC-1 auction with some extra parts thrown in, you'll be more comfortable with it.
The France/Germany angle would spook any eBay seller, quite frankly. If I sold my B1, it would be a US only sale. Too many opportunities for international fraud occur through high-end eBay auctions.
 
I bet that seller is really bummed about the difference in price this time around on the B1. I am surprised he didn't end the auction early when the bids were not looking good his way. I have noticed that to be a trend, ebay sellers ending the auction right before the 12 hour limit if the bids are low, and then they claim the item no longer available.
 
Yeah I was trying to get the B-1, totally forgot about the B-2 or else I may have tried

I stopped bidding when it hit around $250. Too big a gamble after that. At least the B-2 was listed as working and sounding great ... but I already have a few of these wonderful amps so better to let someone else enjoy it. :thmbsp: :D
 
Back
Top Bottom