• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha B-1 Alert

Ending price...

$1780!!!

Jeebus. This thing was sold as untested, 240v plugged into 120v, unknown condition.

I guess I gotta sell one or both of my B-1s on the 'bay, when it comes time. Unreal.:screwy::dunno::deal:
 
Yeah they're will five B-1's come up on auction this week....

Strike while the irons hot!
 
Maybe people are thinking they can get their money back through a Paypal claim if it's DOA.

Doubt that. There were plenty of disclaimers on that ad.

Add to the fable "Emperor's new Clothes" the aphorism "A Fool and his money are soon partitioned". :yes:
 
I state for the record again though; I have my doubts that the under-voltage (on the amp itself) would in itself, take out the output vfets. It appears the amp wouldn't allow them to be biased in the first place. That said, I'm still unwilling to try it.

Either way, the amp itself could be DOA for a number of reasons. Big risk there. Wow.
 
Doubt that. There were plenty of disclaimers on that ad.

I don't know about that, if there is any representation that the unit works in the ad, Paypal will side w/ the Buyer. If a seller tries to speak w/ a forked tongue and render a description that leads a buyer to believe it's working but tries to give himself an out, Paypal will side with the Buyer every time. If there is a doubt and the description is unclear, Paypal will default in the Buyer's favor.
 
I guess if this wasn't a shill bid auction it's a testament to what people think of this amp. They're willing to gamble big $$$ just to have one.

I asked the seller the right questions a few days ago and he didn't answer me so I'm thinking it's a DOA boat anchor for the buyer. :thumbsdn:
 
Well it sold for almost 1800 dollars so someone thinks it's worth a gamble, or they know that the low voltage wouldn't hurt it.
 
Last edited:
Ken, i called my tech a couple days ago after reading all these posts and he really didnt even have to think hard to answer. If all the guy did was plug it into 110 the amp"s not hurt, is what he said while looking at on fleebay. Like you say, looks like there are several techs out there who agree.....Roost
 
I was reading somewhere and it stated only 50 of these were made so I am not so sure your going to see a bunch of them on ebay for sell. How many of the 50 are still out there no one knows but I would think that some of the people who have them won't want to sell them just because an ebay auction sold one at a high price, they probably already knew they were worth a chunck of change.
 
:scratch2: Someone Just PM'd me for a service manual. Could it be ?:scratch2: I didn't recognize the screen name..:scratch2:
 
Hopefully the new owner will only need a user manual! But first off they need to figure out, what voltage the unit is set up for, just incase someone went into the transformer and changed it over to 110. I would be a real bad if someone had changed the voltage to 110 and then the new owner just replaced the plug and plugged it into 220.

I don't know anything about the amp and even if you can change out the voltage, but if I got it, that would be the first thing I did, try and figure out just what voltage it is set up for.
 
Last edited:
Heisenburg.

We are the observers that affect the experimental result.

Or...we have been played by some 'play-dumb' shark, garnishing exponential google exposure/interest in a total doorstop.

Again.

.
 
Hopefully the new owner will only need a user manual! But first off they need to figure out, what voltage the unit is set up for, just incase someone went into the transformer and changed it over to 110. I would be a real bad if someone had changed the voltage to 110 and then the new owner just replaced the plug and plugged it into 220.

I don't know anything about the amp and even if you can change out the voltage, but if I got it, that would be the first thing I did, try and figure out just what voltage it is set up for.

To change voltage on this beast you need to replace the two power transformers.No provisions to change voltage within the unit. Least expensive is to get a step-up transformer or a dedicated 220v drop.
 
Back
Top Bottom