• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha C-2 component leak

I still have the original set of 2SK68A's that were in the unit. I ordered the new one's out of the UK.
 
Triple check that these are all installed correctly and still serviceable..

upload_2021-7-2_21-11-36.png

D403,407 and 409 are suppose to be 6v zeners..
 
Oh wow, the DSBG was strong on that one....
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2021-09-12 at 16-14-44 c2-sm - c2-sm pdf.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-12 at 16-14-44 c2-sm - c2-sm pdf.png
    852.6 KB · Views: 11
Those two center caps are due replacing. Note the shrunken plastic sleeves. I see corroded jumper wires in the glue field. I'd scrape off all that glue if you haven't already.
 
As we discussed before; the heat from the two transistors propagated across the board and it appears that has damaged the traces.

upload_2021-9-12_18-40-6.png
 
Don't see any traces being lifted, but that may be sue to size of images. Lots of flux to clean off (isopropyl and an old toofthbrush). I hadn't noticed the heatsinks being glued on on mine. R415 looks like it met lots of corrosion

Slow and steady. Thanks for the pics.
 
Back
Top Bottom