• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha C-65 thread

Hi nakmandan. Thanks for the compliment. I don't know why they didn't screw the heatsinks on, they probably didn't have any screws.:eek: I chose a +/- 16V OA OPA1642 on the left side and a +/- 19V OA LME49860 on the right. I think it paid off, or maybe the original OA are a bit old. The sound is great, the bass is fast and short, the mids are sweet but not aggressive, and the highs are silky smooth. The overall sound image has expanded and deepened. Incredible instrument placement.

Pavel:)
 
Last edited:
@satpaul . Hello sir. Just wondered if you did maintenance on the volume pot? I wanna leave mine alone honestly, maybe quirt some fader lube in there. What do you recommend?

Awesome thread by the way. :thumbsup:
 
I just used CRC electronic cleaner, squirting into the existing openings & working the pot min to max , this cleared up any issue the C65 had and it has been working flawless ever since, over 10 yrs I think.. I also used the same treatment on the remaining pots as well as on my M40 AMP.
 
Back
Top Bottom