• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha C4/ M4 Chicklets

Chuck Vance

Active Member
What is the best way to properly clean the large chicklets (power/ mute/ etc) on the Yamaha C4 and M4?
They look a bit cloudy.
Also, how about upgrading the lamps to LED for higher brightness?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
They are suppose to be cloudy ie. diffused.. Sometimes they get coated with smoke & nicotine or dirty finger prints. I usually wipe them down with windex.
 
I had changed the bulbs to LED. Unfortunatly I can't load up images anymore. The way over the gallery is to complicated for me, sorry.
 
I removed them from the unit completely, disassembled and washed the parts in soapy, warm water. I tried a few different LED's in them but didn't like the way it looked- too much spotlight effect and not diffused enough. So just used the proper lamps with the colored boots and they look like new, like they are supposed to.
 
On the subject of LED's, have any of you come up with a foolproof way of getting the LED's to look like an incandescent? I've tried a few times with various equipment and although the illumination level is usually adequate, the color temp and unevenness of the light dispersion is always a turn off for me. Always end up using the proper lamps, which while they look correct and great, do not always last that long. I do use lamps from reputable sources that usually have lifespans of anywhere from 5-16,000 hours at rated voltage, but with some lamps you gotta use what you can find. My Denon POA-1500 power amp is a prime example. Even the original, correct lamps only lasted a couple thousand hours and Denon even put out a service kit to increase their endurance. This would be a natural for LED conversion and although I have seen many examples of it done, none of them look correct. Am I being too unrealistic or is there a tried and true solution?
 
Back
Top Bottom