• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CR-3020 on the Bay

Bull!

vintagestereo said:
What you paid for your's is much more in line with what it's worth.

Maybe to you VS.
Don't talk trash about the big Yamaha. You place value on BPC 80's Marantz receivers. I could care less. But seriously, talk about Trash Talk!

I'll take ALL of the CR-3020's that people will provide me at twice what I paid for mine! For the record, $300.
 
ReEdger said:
Maybe to you VS.
Don't talk trash about the big Yamaha. You place value on BPC 80's Marantz receivers. I could care less. But seriously, talk about Trash Talk!

I'll take ALL of the CR-3020's that people will provide me at twice what I paid for mine! For the record, $300.

ReEdger -- Sorry, I confused you with the guy who got his for $700.00. $810.00 is decent too. I'd LOVE to get mine for $300 like you did though and I'm fine with waiting. And, then there's they guy who got his for $50 or $100, I forget which one!!!!!

I almost got one for $500.00 until the owner decided to keep it. But, where there's a will, there's way.

Although the CR-3020 is not the most sophisticated design, it is a celebration of build quality and so I DO intend to get one. That's hardly trashing it. It is what it is. Not the greatest, but up there on the desirability list for sure.

Glad to hear you enjoy your's as much as you do. I hope to have one soon.

-- Chris
 
Raphael said:
It's too rare . . It'll sell fer sure to someone with clams to spare. I'd bite if I could afford it.

Oh yea . . and I've already got one in mint shape. :D

Didn't you get your's for something like $100???
 
The bottom line is it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I don't begrudge or have a problem with a person trying to maximize his profits. Like has been said, if it isn't worth it then nobody will pay it. It is a very rare piece and especially so in as nice a condition as that one. I think the guy is playing it pretty smart. Set a BIN on the outer limits of its worth and take offfers and sit back and wait on the best one. Yeah it sucks to someone like me and MANY others here who have always wanted one of these babies BAD and just has never been able to swing it- that's just the way it goes sometimes. BUT when that one comes along that you ARE able to acquire, then all the patient waiting will be very much worth it.:D
 
Don't even remember . . but I think I paid around $150 plus I threw in more $ 'cause she had a mint matching cassette deck to go with it. --Basically I gave her $200 for the 3020 and the K-850 deck. She has not been recently serviced but specs out beautifully so I wouldn't dare! :banana:
 
vintagestereo said:
ReEdger -- Sorry, I confused you with the guy who got his for $700.00. $810.00 is decent too. I'd LOVE to get mine for $300 too!!!!! And, then there's they guy who got his for $50 or $100, I forget which one!!!!! I almost got one for $500.00 until the owner decided to keep it. But, where there's a will, there's way.

Although the CR-3020 is not the most sophisticated design, it is a celebration of build quality and so I DO intend to get one. That's hardly trashing it. It is what it is. Not the greatest, but up there on the desirability list for sure.

Glad to hear you enjoy your's as much as you do. I hope to have one soon.

-- Chris

Jeez, I remember the CR-3020 that was snatched up by a member here for 100! Good lord!

Alright, the CR-3020 isn't the most sophisticated design, but what matters the most is the sound that comes out of it. The CR-3020 is one excellent sounding receiver. Music sounds, so, so Natural Sounding! :D

Think of the 2007 Z06 Corvette. My gawd, it still has a 2 valve per cylinder OHV pushrod V8, a motor right out of the 1960's! Whereas every Honda Civic that I see has a motor with 4 valves per cylinder and dual overhead cams.

Sophistication in design is great, but the bottom line is still performance.

VS, it's too bad you couldn't have gotten your hands on that CR-3020 for $500. That would have been one heck of a deal. Once you get a CR-3020 for yourself, you will see what all of the fuss is about. :D
 
ReEdger said:
VS, it's too bad you couldn't have gotten your hands on that CR-3020 for $500. That would have been one heck of a deal. Once you get a CR-3020 for yourself, you will see what all of the fuss is about. :D

ReEdger -- I totally agree it is well worth having. I just like to find the best deal I can rather than just throw money at something because I can't wait. I'll get mine sooner or later. If someone wants to pop $1,500.00 so they can have it right now....welcome to it!!

As for me, I'm currently enamored (infatuated?) with MACs so the CR-3020 can wait unless some spectacular opportunity comes up. I want to find one local cuz I have tried lifting one myself and it truly is MASSIVE. And, I also want to inspect it before taking delivery. So, I'll bide my time.

You and I can both agree that the CR-3020 is a Receiver every serious collector should have in their collection. AMEN!!

It would be fun to run down a list of the "Top 20" Receivers and see what we like and don't like. I have a feeling that we'd be more in agreement than not.

-- Chris
 
sump pump said:
:screwy:

imo - just because someone pays it, doesn't mean it's worth it

In your opinion indeed :screwy: Maybe it's not worth that much to YOU, but it certainly is to the person who BUYS it and that's all that matters- that dictates the worth- not what a bystander SAYS its worth! This is the SIMPLE law of supply and demand: there are only so many of these (especially in this condition) left to go around and you can get an idea of the demand even within this thread...
 
sump pump said:
just because someone pays it, doesn't mean it's worth it
Yes Sir, in an economics sense of the word, that is exactly what value means: Value is wherever the price expectations of an independent seller and buyer meet to create a transaction. Whether such valuation level is sustainable is another matter altogether, of course! And as we all know, prices in healthy markets tend to fluctuate (ref. the most efficient markets known to mankind - the financial markets) - if prices did not fluctuate, it would most likely not be a free market (e.g. pre-1971 when the US Dollar was pegged to the gold price, as stipulated the "Bretton Woods" system).

So yes, if I paid $1.5K (or $15K) for that CR-3020 today, that would be the market price for that particular unit in the market conditions prevailing at the time of the transaction.

Rgds,
 
Elroy said:
In your opinion indeed :screwy: Maybe it's not worth that much to YOU, but it certainly is to the person who BUYS it and that's all that matters- that dictates the worth- not what a bystander SAYS its worth! This is the SIMPLE law of supply and demand: there are only so many of these (especially in this condition) left to go around and you can get an idea of the demand even within this thread...

It's only worth that amount to that buyer from that seller on that day. The new owner may try to sell it tomorrow and find they have a hard time getting half as much. I think sump pump's point is that a single sale does not make an item 'worth' that much for all further sales (but I think it sure does help raise the bar!). Lets not get out of hand in all this. :thmbsp:

I wonder if this is the one that was on the SD CL for $100 a month back?
 
ExJxC said:
I thought our priorities was the sound? :dunno:

Aesthetics are important. Personally, I'd rather have a great sounding and nice looking amp/receiver than a great sounding but-ugly amp/receiver.
 
The thing about the CR-3020 that I still recall is just how effortless it sounded, if I had the money and the room (have to take off the glass doors to get the CR-2020 in place as it is) I would go for it.

Rob
 
merrylander said:
The thing about the CR-3020 that I still recall is just how effortless it sounded, if I had the money and the room (have to take off the glass doors to get the CR-2020 in place as it is) I would go for it.

Rob

I'd love to pair one with my 1000M's but the odds of me finding one I can afford are about as good as the Leafs ever winning the cup again. (which is a good thing :naughty: )
 
Back
Top Bottom