• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CR-600 restoration advice

Have you already replaced the electrolytic caps? C814 - 816?
 
Have you already replaced the electrolytic caps? C814 - 816?
Yes. Correct orientation on all of them, resistance looks fine between terminals. Is it safe to take it off the dim bulb for that zener? The highest voltage I’m seeing at the main board pots is -12V for VR702 so I’m worried something’s gonna give way
I just checked the cathode of D806 on the dim bulb, reading 15.7V
 
Last edited:
Without speakers attached. Disconnect the pre-amp from the power amps with the rear panel coupler switch. Power up with the dim bulb. How does the dim bulb react?
 
Without speakers attached. Disconnect the pre-amp from the power amps with the rear panel coupler switch. Power up with the dim bulb. How does the dim bulb react?
Coupler switch flipped to on position, no difference in the dim bulb. Just to be clear, that 15.7V from the zener while on the dim bulb doesn't bode well?
 
Coupler switch flipped to on position, no difference in the dim bulb. Just to be clear, that 15.7V from the zener while on the dim bulb doesn't bode well?
No it doesn't. I'd measure it without the dim bulb. With mini-grabber test probes. Or.. You can just replace the diode with a new one.
 
Without dim bulb, I'm getting 32.9V. I'll get that new zener ordered
You don't need it. That zener is working. I think the dim bulb has been forking with you the whole time. What voltage do you have at the emitter of TR802 without the bulb?
 
Time for and audio test. After resetting the bias/idle current while on the straight mains voltage. No bulb.
 
Time for and audio test. After resetting the bias/idle current while on the straight mains voltage. No bulb.
About that.. transformer voltages look good, +12, +12M, +12R, +30 all look good, +/- BR sitting at their respective 39V, but +/- BL giving me 400mV on the positive side and nothing on the negative. Right channel offset stuck at rail voltage. Left channel offset stuck at 78mV. 0V on either channel’s bias.
Edit: voltage is normal on the inside end of left channel fuses (circled), but both fuses are blown. I don't know if this is something that happened today but I've checked them a handful of times prior and they were intact. Will grab some more from the store tomorrow.
1777685754784.png
 
Last edited:
but both fuses are blown
Left channel amplifier rails.

What all has been done to the left channel power amplifier?

Measure the resistance between the output transistor (case) collectors and chassis ground. Without power of course.
 
Left channel amplifier rails.

What all has been done to the left channel power amplifier?

Measure the resistance between the output transistor (case) collectors and chassis ground. Without power of course.
Both channels have been recapped. Left channel on continuity mode between collectors and chassis are reading in the hundreds of mV range while right channel is sitting cleanly 0L
 
Both channels have been recapped. Left channel on continuity mode between collectors and chassis are reading in the hundreds of mV range while right channel is sitting cleanly 0L

He asked for resistance, not voltage . With power off . ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom